• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots in PHX with plywood boards?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anything with the word MESA in draws 8 some pages of MESA bashing. Take a good hard look at your OWN PATHETIC company. These overnights are almost the same as other companies. 4 hours, some 4:30 hours you get a hotel room. Lets not forget that these pilots are signing up for these high speeds so they are home every day sleeping. These bids are 28 days long so their bodies are well adjusted to flying at night. You all need to get a life and worry about your own company instead of the status quote of bashing MESA for the same thing YOU DO!!

You guys earned the bashing. No other airlines have sleepovers on the airplane in the wee hours of the night. Posts like this don't help your cause. What wood help your cause is if you acknowledged and did something about the f'd up contract and work conditions you work under that negatively affect the rest of the profession. Might I remind you of the demise of ACA/Independence. No more campy childish prostandards videos - get a clue.

Last edited:
You guys earned the bashing. No other airlines have sleepovers on the airplane in the wee hours of the night. Posts like this don't help your cause. What wood help your cause is if you acknowledged and did something about the f'd up contract and work conditions you work under that negatively affect the rest of the profession. Might I remind you of the demise of ACA/Independence. No more campy childish prostandards videos - get a clue.

I almost snorted on my drink reading that one. Nice :laugh:

Yes, there are many problems throughout the regional industry, but NO ONE ELSE pulls sh!t like sleeping in the airplane in the dead of night and then flying a few more legs afterwards! It is just deeply pathetic, and is lower than any other low out there! Yes, high speeds, cdo's, whatever you call them should be illegal, as they are not safe, especially in a flip flop or reserve schedule. In fact, some folks call them illegals. But the fact remains, you are sleeping in a bed, even if only for 5 or 6 hours, and then you only have ONE LEG after waking up. And you GET A HOTEL!

Anything with the word MESA in draws 8 some pages of MESA bashing. Take a good hard look at your OWN PATHETIC company. These overnights are almost the same as other companies. 4 hours, some 4:30 hours you get a hotel room. Lets not forget that these pilots are signing up for these high speeds so they are home every day sleeping. These bids are 28 days long so their bodies are well adjusted to flying at night. You all need to get a life and worry about your own company instead of the status quote of bashing MESA for the same thing YOU DO!!

No, your bodies are never adjusted to flying at night, half of those standups are done by reserves, who get flip-flopped a couple times a week. If you have a family, roomates, or neighbors with lawnmowers it is essentially impossible to return home and get any kind of good sleep during the day.

And I did that crap long enough to know what I'm talking about. There is no possible way to justify mesa, and people are starting to realize that. Eventaully when enough CFI's get the word and enough mesa pilots wise up and quit, JO will not be able to meet his contractual obligations, and that will be the end of mesa as we know it...there are just not enough people like you who are willing to do anything so you can say you fly a jet...

No one, and I mean NO ONE, hates these camping trips more than I.

Howerver:

They are FAR legal, so the government thinks they're A.O.K.

They are within the limits of what our union negotiated (and the pilots voted FOR) during our last contract.

Ergo, all this chit-chat about "Just stand up for yourself! Grow a pair!" is just alot of hot air. These things are gonna be around until our next contract and there ain't jack squat anybody can do about it. Too bad thats at least 4-5 years away. (ASA's been bargining for what, 4 years now?)

Only immediate solution: quit and go somewhere else. Which numerous pilots seem to be doing.

All this MESA bashing reminds me Jr. High where kids would tease other students to make them feel as insecure as they do. Grow up already, and while you're at it KIDS tell us how GREAT your company is at................
Comair
Eagle
ExpressJet
Mesaba
Chautauqua
SkyWest
ASA
Pinacle
TSA
Air Wisconsin
Colgan
Piedmont

NOT THAT GOOD IS IT?
We should all come togeter as one, and I agree that Mesa is one company that needs to fix things despretely, but so does YOUR GREAT COMPANY.

I disagree. This is not safe period. As for my own company, ExpressJet, we don't do this. I also don't think our company is pathetic. I have friends that work at Mesa and they do think their company is pathetic. Not sure about FedEx or UPS work rules but I doubt they do 4 legs on any red-eye flying.

All this MESA bashing reminds me Jr. High where kids would tease other students to make them feel as insecure as they do. Grow up already, and while you're at it KIDS tell us how GREAT your company is at................

NOT THAT GOOD IS IT?
We should all come togeter as one, and I agree that Mesa is one company that needs to fix things despretely, but so does YOUR GREAT COMPANY.

Well... you can disagree but I think ExpressJet is a pretty great company. I am not a kid, I am 37, I have worked for a variety of companies and I would say xjet is pretty well run.... I agree we should stick together and hold the line on lower wages. All you young folks with Shiny Jet Syndrome please don't sell yourselves short.

Latest resources

Back