• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

big dog1

Reuters
UPDATE - Mesa orders $637 million of Bombardier jets
Tuesday January 27, 12:30 pm ET

(Adds details, background, stock price. Figures in U.S. dollars unless noted)
MONTREAL, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc. (Toronto:BBDb.TO - News) said on Tuesday it won a $637 million order from Mesa Air Group Inc. (NasdaqNM:MESA - News) for 20 of its regional jets.

The order represents half of Phoenix, Arizona-based Mesa's option to buy 40 aircraft from Montreal-based Bombardier. Bombardier said the order is for a mix of its 70-seat CRJ700 and 90-seat CRJ900 series, which has yet to be spelled out.

Rapidly expanding Mesa will use the new planes for contractual commitments with United Airlines and America West Airlines. The company reported a first-quarter profit on Tuesday on stronger passenger count and revenues.

Bombardier's class B shares were up 10 Canadian cents at C$5.79 on the Toronto Stock Exchange (News - Websites) on Tuesday.

($1=$1.31 Canadian)

The purple blob is getting bigger

An additional 4 Dash-8 Q200s (used) are coming before May as well for the United system out of DEN.. The latest forcasts in hiring are at least 500 more newhires in '04. Current seniority list not including the 100 starting next week, is a little over 1700 pilots between Mesa, Freedom, and Air Midwest.

Last week we held a celebration for the 100th RJ delivery (Although, by the logistics of planning the bash, the current tally is 105) Supposedly no more ERJs because Embraer cannot finance any more new orders...

This is a clip of the 1st Quarter profit:

PHOENIX, Jan. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced fiscal first quarter after tax net earnings of $5.9 million on revenues of $187.6 million, or 16 cents per share on a diluted basis as compared to a net loss of $0.6 million, or two cents per share, for the first quarter of 2003 (all amounts reported herein are after tax and all per share amounts reported hereafter are on a diluted basis). Including pro forma adjustments of $2.9 million, fiscal first quarter earnings would have been $8.8 million, or 22 cents per share. Pro forma adjustments include expenses of $3.2 million associated with the attempted merger with Atlantic Coast Airlines and net investment gains of $0.3 million. This compares to pro forma net income of $0.5 million on revenues of $133.1 million, or two cents per share for the first quarter of 2003.

Will the aditional Dash 8s in DEN replace current Skywest E120's there? Also, will the new CRJ9s go to AWA? How many of those will be flying for the AWA side eventually? I saw one of those passing through SLC a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe how long they were? Too bad the captain only makes $60 or so bucks an hour to fly a plane the size of an MD-80.....

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :(

Okay. I'm not about to sing the praises of the Mesa contract on this board, but I at least have to get the word to the streets that the CR9 pay rate at Mesa tops out far higher than 60/hour.

Ten year captain = 75/hour
Fifteen year captain = 87/hour
Twenty year captain = 98/hour.

The guaranteed raises in the contract will put that twenty year figure of 98/hour up to 104/hour by the fall of 2007.

I'm not arguing that the rates are right. I'm just saying they're higher than 60.

:p

4 year comair 70 seat captain over $72 an hour... 20 less seats.. 6 less years.. for 3 less dollars... and we are underpaid.

a lot of talk about pay..just wondoring where the fun in flying went...

Does AWA have any sort of scope to limit the # of 90 seaters Mesa can fly for them?

I'm on the fence with my opinions about scope but I personally think that scope preventing 90 seaters at the regional level is a good thing.

superrav said:
a lot of talk about pay..just wondoring where the fun in flying went...

Oh it can be a blast sometimes... but it's no fun living at home with Mom and Dad as a "regional" FO like myself to assure financial stability after spending tens of thousands of dollars on school only to paid worse than a flight attendant at a major airline while flying millions and millions and millions of dollars in aircraft and passenger liability.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back