• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa ordered to pay Hawaiian Air $80M

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the obvious question would be: Can Mesa survive this penalty? I have no idea since I don't work there but $80 mil isn't exactly chump change. Can't think the shareholders are too happy about this.

I am not terribly sympathetic to Mesa guys but I don't want to see them lose their livelihood either.

I feel for the pilots too, yet to not want them to lose their livelihood? Same company who's pilot group voted in lower then standard workrules and pay for the o'mighty quick upgrade.

Sorry, I have a few friends there. But I hope that place goes away, and fast!

you been a d!ck all your life or just today? It was simply a play on words....like when you get your atis over acars reed back all instructions.... "AIR" shuttle..."Air" Heart...whatever...sorry if i disrespected your lost dead great grandma...

Dude, who let the 12 year old on the computer? Learn to spell, genius.

Seriously.. reed? Wow.

I feel for the pilots too, yet to not want them to lose their livelihood? Same company who's pilot group voted in lower then standard workrules and pay for the o'mighty quick upgrade.

Sorry, I have a few friends there. But I hope that place goes away, and fast!

They didn't vote in lower pay and work rules because of a quick upgrade; they did it to stop the threat of their jobs being outsourced to Freedumb.

They didn't vote in lower pay and work rules because of a quick upgrade; they did it to stop the threat of their jobs being outsourced to Freedumb.

This coming from a orginal Gulfstream Pilot? I can see why you would defend it. 87% voted for that crappy contract, however you couldn't find anyone that voted for it.

Come on now, Surf...use those New Bern smarts!

How much fear does and/or did PDT pilots have about Colgan taking their prop flying away? Or getting sold out for new aircraft by PSA?

Mesa took it on the chin to end the alter-ego threat; Chautauqua did the same thing in 2003 when faced with non-union Republic. Look no further than modern-day Trans States/Go Jet as a case study in alter-ego whipsaw.

Mesa's contract sucks and has been used as the bottom-dollar template for management since 2003 no doubt...but there was MUCH more going on there than "quick upgrade! quick upgrade!". Whether you care to admit it or not, I know you know that...

Latest resources

Back