• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa or Pinnacle??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALL RIGHT!!! IM LOVIN IT SO FAR!! anyone else from PHX that commutes? Anyone know how easy it is to get Memphis based with Pinnacle? I have family there (an extra place to crash). Someone wrote on another thread that MEM is closed for now and Minneapolis and Detroit were the only bases. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks again for all off your help and honest opinions!!

This was after spending nearly a month studying ERJ systems... And after spending much needed cash on ERJ study guides.... Planning everything for a CLT/PHL or DCA domicile and just being spun and switched at the last minute kind of pissed off quite a few of us. Then the ZV class was a nightmare

If you were in class for 3 day then why were you studying for 1 month and planning thise domiciles? Welcome to Mesa. That sounds like a typical story. I wounldn't ever depend on any assignment regardless of company.

Mesa is a tough place to work. (I'm trying not to highlight myself) Most of the problems occur when you are associating with HQ in PHX. As far as the flying, it all depends on who is sitting to your left. Usually the crews are a ton of fun and then it is up to you what you make of it. Now if you want to get paid on time, awarded on time..blah blah blah..that is a different story.

Im going to call CoEx on Monday to see whats going on with my resume. They called me 2 weeks ago for an updated resume with ref. # on it. Since I have the MEsa and Pinnacle interview I would definitely like to go interview with CoEx. The pilots seem to be happier and it looks like they have their $hit together too. Oh well.... I'll just do any many miny moe.

Mesa is short on Dash FOs for PHX and DEN. They are hiring for those positions now. If you get the Dash-you will get one of those bases. The commute to DEN from PHX is fairly easy.

Thx NoJoy!! Thats good news!!! Now heres the question? Is there a downside to getting the Dash-8 over the CRJ. I know the upside is faster upgrade to Captain but is there a potential downside. Do majors look at Turboprop PIC time differently than actual Jet PIC? Thanks guys!

Right now the upgrade in the Dash is slow. That can change. It is about 2 years. The jet is around 3-4 years. Again this can vary and change within a year depending on where you are based.
The magors are concerned with Turbine PIC time. Either turbo prop or jet PIC time will get you where you want to go with some healthy internal recommendations. SkyWest is also growing out of DEN on the jet side, if you want to stay close to PHX.
Hope this helps. PM me for more info.

Yeah go to MESA!

I just need another person I can deny a jumpseat you scumbag. I promise no matter what these guys excuses are, I'm now out for them.

Latest resources

Back