Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Mesa guys/gals, I wanted to vent a little about your company's attitude towards off line jumpseaters. The rumor that your company has no plans to join CASS is deeply disturbing (I'm sure many of you are vexed too) but my biggest dissappointment is the gate agents attitude/treatment of jumpseaters. In the last 6 months I have not gotten home once (in ten attempts) on Mesa. When you guys are full that is, of course, understandable, but on several occasions I've been told that "this one is full but the next one is wide open", only to wait two hours and be told the same thing about this flight too. Last night was the last straw. I was left at the gate (wide open flight) 8 minutes to push. I was listed for the flight and the airport was quiet as a church on Saterday night. It frustrates me to think about all of the times I've held for running jumpseaters, and I'm sure if the pilot's knew I'd have been on that flight.
I know that there is little/nothing that you can do about either CASS or your gate agents in PHX, but FWIW I'm giving up on you. I'll make the commute a two leg affair and stay on line.

Clear skys and tailwinds ....

i think his point is that he expects the same level of treatment from a gate agent working for a so. so commuter as he does at Southwest. Now I love Southwest and they have great employees, but think the problem here is trying 10 times before deciding to not go on mesa. stick with your own metal with 2 cockpit and a cabin j/s any day of the week. stop or not!

Those sons-of-bitches denied me the j/s!!! Oh wait:confused: ???? I'm furloughed, nevermind!!!!

iva-There has to be more to it than the gate agents just not letting you on (0 out of 10). Did you get angry, upset with them:uzi: ??? It just doesn't add up.

The one time I've jumpseated on Mesa, I will say it was not a pleasurable experience. BUT, that had NOTHING to do with the crew. They really were great. Very kind about getting me home, even though it took seven hours with a ground stop in ORD. It was just sitting on the ramp for 2 1/2 hours in the last row next to the piss-reeking lav, a few gate returns, and getting up after the long flight to find that myself and the guy in front of me had gum stuck to our pants. In fact, after that flight, I felt more pain for the crew than anything else, having to work for that douchebag Oriensten! That poor F/A was taking so much crap from the passengers.

say again said:
Those sons-of-bitches denied me the j/s!!! Oh wait:confused: ???? I'm furloughed, nevermind!!!!

iva-There has to be more to it than the gate agents just not letting you on (0 out of 10). Did you get angry, upset with them:uzi: ??? It just doesn't add up.

Of course I didn't get angry or upset. That is why I wanted to vent here! I'm extra nice and very patient every time I go over there. Some of those times the planes were just full, and that's life. CASS would help with that, but why can't I get better information? Just tell me when you are full. The gate agents on the other end are about a million times better.
My point is that J/S agreements work when both parties have something to offer. It is in the interest of the Mesa pilot group to ensure that JSers are accomodated when possible. I do not expect to get treated like I get treated by those who LUV me: I just want a ride home when possible and good information when it is not possible.

ivauir said:
Of course I didn't get angry or upset. That is why I wanted to vent here! I'm extra nice and very patient every time I go over there. Some of those times the planes were just full, and that's life. CASS would help with that, but why can't I get better information? Just tell me when you are full. The gate agents on the other end are about a million times better.
My point is that J/S agreements work when both parties have something to offer. It is in the interest of the Mesa pilot group to ensure that JSers are accomodated when possible. I do not expect to get treated like I get treated by those who LUV me: I just want a ride home when possible and good information when it is not possible.[/quot

Fair enough!!!:beer: I agree better info would help out greatly for those who do commute. Best of luck on your J/S-ing.

Sorry about all the troubles. $7/hour doesn't go as far as it use to. as far as the gate agent, aske if you can go down and speak with the crew, or ask for a supervisor. On the HP side call 1-800-894-7277 option 2, when you get the flight info it will come out as great, good, or bad. when the automated voice is going through those dial *(and any 4 digit code) this should give you the exact number

hope this helps

Well I don't think the gate agents know when the plane is full until very last minute in the game. When you go up to the gate, they can give you some idea. So now they board all the Rev. Paxs, all the standbys, then all the employee non-revs, ID90's, all the buddy pass people... And if your a off-line Jumpseater you fall right at the bottom. So unless the flight is wide open it's gonna be a crap shoot! But I am sure every pilot group including Mesa will try and get anyone home. They can't hang out at the get too make sure your interests are ensured for the jumpseat.
Sounds to me like you are kinda new to this game, if you are already venting at this point... Man, you are in for a rough ride. Remember you are basically a hitch hiker... So you gotta expect sometime your gonna get passed up. Commuting down right sucks!! Good luck!
And enjoy this wonderful profession you have chosen!!!!

Latest resources

Back