• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa hires 300TT pilots now? WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know several guys at COEX that were hired with 600tt & 100me, some even payed for training. i guess they should of waited till they had atleast 135 mins. What is your point? Most regional airlines have some kind of program to get super low time pilots in the door. And no i am not one of them.

This argument is tired and as old as time... If the internet existed in the 70's and 80's the same things would be said. Heck, UAL hired chicks with 300TT out of Riddle then. They flew the panel in the 727, and then were put on the line 2 years later as FO's with....... you guessed it...... Still 300TT.

You know, I j/seated home on LUV tonight and the FO was a former san juaner.... Seemed like a real classy dude...

Whatever... posting on this thread is embarrassing.

DirkkDiggler said:
With all due respect, I believe your biases are getting in the way of your common sense. A larger number of European airlines including British Airways, Sabena, Lufthansa, and KLM get their pilots from schools almost exactly like the MPD program. Their pilots start with zero hours and a year later they're in the right seat of 737's and 747's. Their safety record is no worse than ours here. Your problems with Mesa's program is that you (and I) had to work several years before we were hired by FAR 121 airlines flying RJ's or the equivalent. You probably have a problem that these guys and girls didn't have to take the same route as you. The truth is, it's probably no more unsafe to fly Mesa than any other airline that hires much higher time pilots. Let's face it, they fly with a captain and the captain most likely has at least 1,000 hours in the aircraft. Perhaps not a whole lot of time, but enough to stay out of trouble. I happily don't work for Mesa, but I'm certainly not going to refuse to fly them for such a bigoted and unvalid reason. Check your head to see if you're being biased because you're jealous that you had to work harder to get to the same spot. I think you may find that your really don't have a problem with ab initio airline pilot training.

You're not actually comparing Lufthansa etc., with MESA are you???????

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Cloudroller said:
I know several guys at COEX that were hired with 600tt & 100me, some even payed for training.
Big fkn BS.

We dont' have PFT anymore. Not since '98.

007 said:
Big fkn BS.

We dont' have PFT anymore. Not since '98.

My sim partner at AAY PFT'd and was hired into the 1900 at Coex in (I believe) 93.... He had 250TT... Upgraded a couple years later in the ATR...

well this is how its gunna be

with all the old folks retiring its gunna be more and more low time kids getting hired. this stuff is already starting in some of the majors. If you have a recommendation you can get hired at contenintal with some 121 time and no pic, just wait, with all the retirees the majors will be hiring with next to nothing. all we can hope is that they dont hire mesa pilots without hiring everone else first. No offense, but i dont think you kids are ready for the real world just yet.

wornout said:
with all the old folks retiring its gunna be more and more low time kids getting hired. this stuff is already starting in some of the majors. If you have a recommendation you can get hired at contenintal with some 121 time and no pic, just wait, with all the retirees the majors will be hiring with next to nothing. all we can hope is that they dont hire mesa pilots without hiring everone else first. No offense, but i dont think you kids are ready for the real world just yet.

Words to live by from a Dash FO...priceless.

hey 007 - some of the guys i know were hired in 96 (most just went to CAL). If your IAH based you have probably flown with them - if your a CA, maybe a line check. then i know several that were hired in 2000 with a little over 600. good thing is non of them have your poor attitude. they all just upgraded about 9 months ago.

Well, A little more to fuel your jealosy then...

A good friend of mine who was an FO (NO PIC) on the Dash at Mesa will be in the March class at Continental...

Let's hope that 2 years of mountain flying in the dash has prepared the "Kid" for endless ILSs in VFR conditions in a 757.

Latest resources

Back