Mesa hires 300TT pilots now? WTF?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
captain caveman said:
Dirk, You're right. The thing is the quality of training of some of these new hires is not the same as the military or the foreign carriers. No heavy screenings, aptitude tests, grade requirements, aviation degree, etc... If you look at my profile it's not difficult to figure out that I started in 121 world with low time too. But from day 1, it was oriented towards 121 and as a result, I did better in training than my counter parts with far more experience. I was lucky enough in IOE to have cat 1 minimums which made it easy because that's all I saw in training. It was the visuals after IOE that took some getting used too.
Point is, Mesa is getting low timers that may not have the other training and compitancy that make low timers safe and compitent in day to day ops as SICs. This is good, as they will experience difficulty in training and may have to increase incentives to attract more qualified applicants.
YAH CLOWN, YOU JUST STATED YOURSELF THAT YOU COULDN'T DO A FREAKING VISUAL APPROACH. HOW MUCH MORE SELF INCRIMINATING COULD YOU BE. I MEAN A VISUAL FOR CHRIST SAKE. A VISUAL!!!!!! THAT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE. A FULL BOAT OF PAX ISN'T TIME TO PRACTICE YOUR VISUALS. THAT SHOULD BE DONE IN A TUB OF CRAP FULL OF CHECKS OR BOXES. THIS IS A DEAD ISSUE----------EXPERIENCE MATTERS----FACT.

You guys are morons. Show me the safety records that prove you are correct and I'll listen. Otherwise keep talking and sounding like ignorant morons.

So what is the difference from a 300 hour pilot in an RJ that is hired by Mesa, which is the exception not the norm, and the 600 tt from Express Jet, ASA and Air Whisky. Also I have seen from this site, people have been hired by all commuters with less time. So you apparently should not fly at all if we use your logic.

DirkkDiggler said:
Let's face it, they fly with a captain and the captain most likely has at least 1,000 hours in the aircraft.

What happens when the Captain becomes incapacitated? Add an aircraft problem (engine failure, cabin depressurization, autopilot failure, etc) into the equation and it's a disaster waiting to happen. Call me what you want but I wouldn't have my family fly on them either.

What if the Captian is an idiot and he failed his upgrade twice, but finally got through it and the F/O passes out. Then what, you would be surprised what type of people fly planes, good and bad. These things happen at all the airlines, I was jump seating, a few weeks ago on a United 767, and the captian came in so low, the GPWS went off and the F/O had to react.

j41driver said:
What happens when the Captain becomes incapacitated? Add an aircraft problem (engine failure, cabin depressurization, autopilot failure, etc) into the equation and it's a disaster waiting to happen. Call me what you want but I wouldn't have my family fly on them either.

Could you be a little more dramatic. What if the captain becomes incapacitated and a wing falls off. what is a 300hr FO to do. Lets be realistic. Hiring low time guys has been happening for 10+ years. Experience is everything. But sitting right seat instructing in a 172 does not give you the edge when you get in the right seat of a RJ. 300hrs or 3000, if you've never flown in the 121 world we are all equally unexperienced and it takes 100 hrs or so to get comfortable. Thats why we have a seasoned captain in the left seat. Safety records speak for themselves.

sflax said:
So what is the difference from a 300 hour pilot in an RJ that is hired by Mesa, which is the exception not the norm, and the 600 tt from Express Jet, ASA and Air Whisky. Also I have seen from this site, people have been hired by all commuters with less time. So you apparently should not fly at all if we use your logic.

The difference is that we are talking about MESA! You and Go-andbendoverJetz are POISONING the industry.
:smash:
mesa

-Night_Flight-

Slice121 said:
...or CHQ, Eagle, AWAC, XJT, TSA, Comair, ASA, etc. Am I missing anyone else where DCA or RAA claims to put you in their zero to hero programs?
All of the DCA pilots in my class met the minimum experience requirements and had previously worked as flight instructors, building real experience.

Stop Before Someone Gets Killed!!!

Mesa Airlines Sucks. They are the bottom feeders of the industry. They give every professional regional airline pilot a worthless name. Pay some 19 year old kid with 300 hours $17,000 a year so he can flip switches and then go home and tell his mommy and daddy he's a "real" airline pilot now. Meanwhile, decent Americans with families are sitting in the back of those jets clueless to the fact that the yahoo FOs should be home playing videogames instead of risking their lives so that Mesa management can save a few bucks at the cost of safety. The truth is, it can only last for a little while until that inexperience is matched with an inexperienced captain. Scary.

Just my opinion.

Mesa Airlines: Fly At Your Own Risks

TrailerTrash said:
Mesa stands for minimal experienced standards airline.

That's true. They should also print on every ticket "Fly At Your Own Risk"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back