• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How long for FO/CA to hold HNL/Hawaii (Go!) ? I know new hires are getting sent to ORD/IAD, how long til you could transfer to Hawaii?

Just don't. And don't work for Mesa; not in Hawaii, not anywhere. Worst career/life/health move you'll ever make. Hell, go ANYWHERE else.

Nah, it's a great career move. Think of all the yuan you'll be earning in the next few years after being juniored to China.

Hell, go ANYWHERE else.

Here's a good thread hijack. Which is worse, TSA or Mesa?

Formatted for flightinfo, that might read "Who's the bigger jerk/tool/fool, the guy who goes to TSA, or the guy who goes to Mesa?" Ding ding!

C'mon guys. Can someone just answer the question?

The guy wants to know - just provide an estimate and THEN inject your sarcasm.....

Here's a good thread hijack. Which is worse, TSA or Mesa?

Formatted for flightinfo, that might read "Who's the bigger jerk/tool/fool, the guy who goes to TSA, or the guy who goes to Mesa?" Ding ding!

I would have to say both, but Mesa gets more notice. TSA is not as big so they stay under radar. When MESA Fails and goes to CHINA (can't wait, It will be fun to hear all the pilots say "well I took the job because it was the only place that would hire me I was gonna move on" If mesa is your only choice of employment because they are the only one who will hire you, QUIT, QUIT now it's obvious that there is something on your recored that is keeping you from a normal place, don't think it will go away when its time to move on. Mesa pilots are like the Skybus pilots, they really wanna move on in their career but can't so they take the prison jobs and hope it gets better.

To answer your question there is 1 guy that in HNL and he was hired in jan 2007. That being said, go anywhere else but here. I went to Mesa for domicle reasons. I saw all the same post about how horrible this place is and thought I was just getting one side of the story...THAT IS THE ONLY STORY. Attrition is soo bad here they are going to lose codeshare in the near future because there are not enough crews. CRJs are being moved to China...GO! will be gone within the next year...the way things are going this place will be gone in 1-2 years.

If you think this is all made up then talk to a Mesa pilot and ask them. Also checkout mesahub.com

How long for FO/CA to hold HNL/Hawaii (Go!) ? I know new hires are getting sent to ORD/IAD, how long til you could transfer to Hawaii?

I just heard Mesa is canceling recurrent ground schools to staff jets in ORD as it SUCKS so bad pilots are quitting every day.

Many times they will just set the parking brake, say "fuk this" and walk away.

The 10 jets Mesa ordered this week don't mean squat, Mesa will park many more than 10 airplanes this year.

The Mesa guys in Hawaii think they are hiding out from the growing ash pile on the mainland but the fire is raging out of control.

Rumor is JO is ready to resign & Mesa will become a leasing company to China.

Just say NO TO GO!

Right now, there is an unfilled FO position in HNL. I don't expect it to be filled, but I do believe they will always cancel mainland flights before a go! flight. We are running up against staffing limits now. JA's for me once every two weeks, CA's flying as FO's and chronic 30/7 conflicts.

Latest resources

Back