• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mesa is done, no upgrades fast, and united codeshare is completely gone... do not work there!!

Something to consider. Go is not doing well, no matter what they charge for tickets, their load factors stay well below HAL or AQ's. A lot of people in Hawaii avoid them. Hawaii is a small place, a lot of people have friends or relatives with HAL/AQ and are aware what the score is with Go. Yes some people think they are "lowering the cost of inter-island travel for the local folks" but most are aware of the reality of the situation. I have friends in the news media that even say so. Look for unfavorable news coverage of what they are doing to the quality of inter-island travel in the future.
Also, come sept., Go will be in court with HAL. The Judge has already made it obvious that it won't be a pleasant experience for Mesa. They next face off with AQ. Same deal. If the rumors are true, JO's stepping down will be the excuse Mesa needs to shut down Go. It has lost a lot of money for Mesa, and is no were near profitable. It has also been a huge drain on managements time and resources at a time when all hell is breaking lose on the mainland.

I don't know who's financial reports you have been reading but you are most incorrect to say that GO and Aloha have been losing 20-24 million a quarter. I bet it would be hard work for GO to lose that much money flying 4-5 CRJ's around. Though their losses have never been fully disclosed, I am sure they are less than 2 million. Now for Aloha, thats another story, there losses last quarter were amazing to say the least. The two Hawaiian competitors are really behind the eight ball. Not to say that GO is right, but the free market competition may just say Aloha to Aloha.

I would be willing to wager Aloha knows a tiny bit more about Mesa than the self appointed experts on flightinfo.

Rumor I have heard is that Hawaiian and Aloha's discovery is going along much better than anybody ever anticipated. Mesa management and executives are not willing to serve jail time to save JO's hide. Just wait until the hearings begin in September!

I don't know who's financial reports you have been reading but you are most incorrect to say that GO and Aloha have been losing 20-24 million a quarter. I bet it would be hard work for GO to lose that much money flying 4-5 CRJ's around. Though their losses have never been fully disclosed, I am sure they are less than 2 million. Now for Aloha, thats another story, there losses last quarter were amazing to say the least. The two Hawaiian competitors are really behind the eight ball. Not to say that GO is right, but the free market competition may just say Aloha to Aloha.

Didn't go admit to losing 10 mil a month when they started? Nothing has changed there, except they have even lower load factors than when they started (I believe their best month was their first). Also, they have sold even cheaper tickets recently to try and get people on their aircraft.
I think one of the problems is when they sell a cheap ticket at a loss to try and get someone to try them, it backfires. I know of people that have tried them and think they are nowhere near as good as HAL or AQ. Walking outside on the ramp to sit in an RJ turns a lot of people off. So they only fly go once.

Don't kid yourself, it's very expensive flying 5 RJ's around half full with 19 dollar fares. They don't generate anywhere near the revenue needed to support the operation. Go has sucked millions and millions of dollars out of Mesa's coffers and has no chance of being a viable airline. What's happening is essentially what many anaylists said would when they started. It's amazing what a boondogle that airline has been.

I don't know who's financial reports you have been reading but you are most incorrect to say that GO and Aloha have been losing 20-24 million a quarter.

Mesa

bizjournals.com
Mesa Air Group post $24M Q2 loss
Friday May 11, 5:18 pm ET
Mesa Air Group Inc. was hit with a $24 million loss for the second quarter of its 2007 fiscal year even though the airline reported an increase in revenue.

Go! is part of Mesa Air Group
Aloha
bizjournals.com
Aloha Airlines' 1Q losses $24M
Monday June 25, 4:07 pm ET For the first quarter of 2007, Aloha Airlines reported a net loss of $24.2 million.
(24,865)19,189 16,592 27,463

Last edited:
Will Go! be gone in time to save Aloha? I see they are both losing 20-24 million a quarter.

You were making a distinction between GO! and Mesa Air Group as a whole, their results are not reported on a broken down basis. I was stating that there is no possible way the GO! was contributing 20-24 million dollars of losses to Mesa Air Group. Losses indeed, just not to that magnitude, GO! is just too small (something like 4% of MAG's total ASM's) to generate 20-24 million dollars in losses. But since the broken down results are not made public this can not be verified in any way. Just my assumption. And again, I am not advocating GO!.

You are correct. I believe Mesa has always claimed that GO! was only 3% of it's entire operation. However Mesa as a whole lost 24 mil last quarter and is expecting greater losses this quarter.

Last edited:
You are correct. I believe Mesa has always claimed that GO! was only 3% of it's entire operation. However Mesa as a whole lost 24 mil last quarter and is expecting greater losses this quarter.

Imagine if Mesa went into BK, the pilots would be paying for the honor to fly

Latest resources

Back