• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa getting sued by UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting....looks like a hedge by United to further dissuade any potential lessors on new aircraft from giving Mesa a chance. If anyone were dumb enough to loan Mesa money right now considering their financial situation they would be outright stupid to loan them money with this lawsuit threatening to block the placement of these aircraft hanging over their head.

btw: Mesa SUCKS!!!
You are a jerk and based on your response you leave little doubt that you are ignorant as well. It scares me that you might actually be in command of an aircraft.

The villagers have armed themselves with wooden stakes, JO and his unholy abomination are their target. All they need is some DDT and the vampire/cockroach will be finished!
PBR

You are a jerk and based on your response you leave little doubt that you are ignorant as well. It scares me that you might actually be in command of an aircraft.

While his dissertation may be have somewhat rough around the edges, he is likely correct in his synopsis of the situation. Mesa is financially strapped with no way to secure funding to get the CRJ700's in question. They have gone so far as request loans from direct competitors to secure the aircraft. United may have brought this suit to further cement a dissolution of MAG as a United carrier. The only thing MAG still has of any real value is a lucrative US Air agreement that will be there for quite some time to come. Without it, MAG would have ceased operations only ago.

With no tangible assets, I am surprised they have lasted as long as they have. They have deferred paying for parts for their aircraft and anything else they could push off. Since many have a serious amount of money forcibly invested in MAG, they keep supplying parts to hopefully get their faux investment returned. Once the writing is etched in stone and hanging form the wall, these suppliers will wash their hands and look to recoup some of the lose in bankruptcy courts.

JO's drowning....

stick a hose in his mouth!!!!

Leave it to JO to steal more chains than he can swim with! I would like to offer him some rocks to stick in his pockets too!
PBR

While his dissertation may be have somewhat rough around the edges, he is likely correct in his synopsis of the situation. Mesa is financially strapped with no way to secure funding to get the CRJ700's in question. They have gone so far as request loans from direct competitors to secure the aircraft. United may have brought this suit to further cement a dissolution of MAG as a United carrier. The only thing MAG still has of any real value is a lucrative US Air agreement that will be there for quite some time to come. Without it, MAG would have ceased operations only ago.

With no tangible assets, I am surprised they have lasted as long as they have. They have deferred paying for parts for their aircraft and anything else they could push off. Since many have a serious amount of money forcibly invested in MAG, they keep supplying parts to hopefully get their faux investment returned. Once the writing is etched in stone and hanging form the wall, these suppliers will wash their hands and look to recoup some of the lose in bankruptcy courts.

If MESA enters any form of bankruptcy, wouldn't that allow USAir to dissolve their agreement with MESA? Plus, I believe MESA's exclusivity agreement for PHX expires in January 2010. That'll be yet another blow to JO.

Peace.

Rekks

Just like he was "in command" of your mom's taco last night!
-Hell's yeah!

Latest resources

Back