Mesa/Freedom will fight Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa/Freedom will fight Delta
In related news, Hillary Clinton vowed to keep fighting right down to the last lie, and a large fish just caught said that it would flop around in the bottom of the boat for a while...

I wouldn't wish unemployment on the majority of those folks, but the writing is definitely on the wall. The industry will certainly be better off without Mesa constantly answering the question: "How low can you go?"

4) I have not seen the contracts and may be talking out of school, but from what I'm hearing MAG may have a pretty good case against DAL. After all they certainly relied on Delta's contractual promises in purchasing millions, of not billions of dollars worth of jets.

I thought the 900's at MAG for Delta were already on the Delta certificate (many of DCI's 900's are) so MAG was never out, nor would ever be out, money for planes someone bought and pay for. Even if its some kind of lease back arrangement, I doubt Delta is trying to stick MAG with those particular airframes, since they desperately want them operated somewhere. Hopfuly one day on the mainline, but that's besides the point.

I thought the 900's at MAG for Delta were already on the Delta certificate (many of DCI's 900's are) so MAG was never out, nor would ever be out, money for planes someone bought and pay for. Even if its some kind of lease back arrangement, I doubt Delta is trying to stick MAG with those particular airframes, since they desperately want them operated somewhere. Hopfuly one day on the mainline, but that's besides the point.
Freedom's CRJ-900's are on Delta's certificate. Pinnacle per the RFP had to purchase their own -900's. Our (Comair) -900's are on our certificate and SkyWest has theirs on their certificate. All Freedom's ERJ's were on the Mesa certificate prior to Freedom 2's startup and were operating for USAirways Express and United Express.

ASA operates primarily out of ATL. Those numbers are very different at any other hub OTHER than ATL. Delta's overall performance was about what ASA's was last quarter. ATL is a difficult market to operate in and out of. Delta and anybody who has flown in and out of the ATL understands this.

Trojan

Yea because JFK is a walk in the park!

If JO had a buyer with cash in hand for all 35 birds or if can hoodwink DL out of 35mil, he'll call it a day with the DL contract.

Latest resources

Back