Mesa flys for United again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1900heavy

A buddy of mine at Mesa told me that they might fly for United again.

12 RJ out of LAX
12 RJ out of ORD

Just a rumor...?

Skywest, Airwiss get ready here come johny O and his mighty band of underpaid route raiders. And you thought he limited himself to the U wholly owneds.

"Skywest, Airwiss get ready here come johny O and his mighty band of underpaid route raiders. And you thought he limited himself to the U wholly owneds."
----------------------------

One must remember that the "underpaid raiders" at mesa are about to get a new contract that should put them in the top tier of regionals. -Bean

"One must remember that the "underpaid raiders" at mesa are about to get a new contract that should put them in the top tier of regionals"

I doubt that very much - I was around when they tried last time and they had no unity it just fell apart. They may get a pay raise but i'd bet they won't match pdt or alg work rules. even airwiss, aca, or commair in their new contracts don't match this. WO fo's make more than mesa jet capts. I know.

Beantown said:
One must remember that the "underpaid raiders" at mesa are about to get a new contract that should put them in the top tier of regionals. -Bean

I wouldn't hold your breath.....you're talking about Orenstien (aka Frank Lorenzo the 2nd).

Look at CCAir now. He'll try and bust 'em and get 'em giving back and then he'll **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** 'em.

Beantown said:

yeah right...are you giving odds? I'd love to make some $$ on that horse race...

Heard that there is supposed to be an announcement today to that effect. Get ready CLT based Mesa crews, you're probably gonna be heading back west.

Bean,

Surely you jest. If you've seen J.O.'s track record, there is no way that the Mesa pilots are going to be in the top tier. Just my .02 worth there.

I'm relatively new to the industry & just curious about Jon Ornstein. His name gets disparaged by pilots all over the internet (typically compared to F. Lorenzo). But I've never seen any detail on what heinous acts he's actually committed. According to Mesa's web site he's turned around (I use the phrase loosely) no less than four airlines & saved Mesa twice. The picture makes him look fairly young, so if he's a bad guy he's probably here for a while.

Just the facts please...

Learlove,Captainx, Metrosheriff and Vrefus, what up guys/gals.
I may have been a bit generous when I said "top tier", but I think the pilots a Mesa are more determined then ever and will strike if that is what it takes (even though we all know that is suicide for a non-wholleyowned regional. I just don't think they will accept much less. (BTW I am NOT a Mesa pilot)

Learlove, A caption a mesa on the RJ makes $50+ hr first yr and an Fo at PDT makes $24+ hr on the dash. I am not sure how you think the Dash Fo makes more money! You also are not taking into account the major concessions they are going to have to give if they want jets and without jets they will be gone in two years.
-Bean

Latest resources

Back