Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys,

I have a couple questions about Mesa operating 73s:

Will Mesa operate these 300s under their own name or for a mainline carrier?

If they operate as a new LCC, won't they be biting the hands that feed them? They will just be jumping on the pile with the other carriers going after US Airways. I don't think United would be to happy with it either since they have ACA breaking off to compete with them out of IAD.

I also can't believe any MEC would give scope relief to let them operate for a another carrier.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks !

mesa's 737's

Well as a current mesa pilot, the rumors are rampant...The latest rumor is that we have purchased/leased 3 737-300's and are going to operate them out of PIT for United??? I think it is stupid as hell....I don't want to fly a 737 for MESA...I want to go to WN, UA, AA, DAL, anybody mainline to fly a boieng or a bus! I am tired of being the industry whore...the red-headed step child. I joined Mesa(air-midwest) 6 years ago with aspirations of going to a mainline job in 3-4 years......Well obviously that didn't happen so here I/we (mesa pilots) am/are. Most of us are in the same boat..wishing we were somewhere else...but we aren't...SO hopefully our MEC will grow a set and stop sending ouot SH*t for LOA's and payrates.... We better get industry AVG +5% or nothing......If this all does happen...like I said...all just a huge rumor as of now!

Agreed 110%

I agree with you 110% but unfortunately some of our other pilots don't. Our MEC is up for re-election and they will(better be) voted out and new leadership in. It just depends upon our LEC reps who seem to be in the back pocket of the MEC. If our MEC get's re-elected by our LEC's then there will be a major recall of all lec reps then at the mec level aas well. I am not trying to pass the buck at all... The MEC just sent out a POS LOA for the instructors it was shot down hard! The pilots here seem to be waking up and smelling the coffee!!! No more easy street for our MEC and Company.....

The rumors I been reading on www.mesalounge.com detail the recent "cleansing" of the Freedom certificate, putting all the 700/900 CRJ's back on Mesa certificate was to get ready for Freedom #2 to start up with 737's. This would supposedly circumvent the scope of Mesa's codeshare "partners". And I am sure when the MES MEC stands firm on $150/hr for their Captains JO will threaten to spin it off to new owners. The whole thing is like a broken record with those imbiciles. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and expecting different results?

One thing I came to realize was just a few months ago JO was bashing ACA for their plan to go at it alone. Now it's suddenly a great idea?

I think the entire thing is a distraction and a waste of everybodys time worrying about it. JO is just trying to pump and dump stock prices. Its is his SOP. Remember the Cincinnati thing they were going to startup when Comair was on strike? ACA. I could think of a few others but I have a sudden case of nausea. I got to go hurl.

drivea75 said:
Hey guys,

I have a couple questions about Mesa operating 73s:

Will Mesa operate these 300s under their own name or for a mainline carrier?

If they operate as a new LCC, won't they be biting the hands that feed them? I also can't believe any MEC would give scope relief to let them operate for a another carrier.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks !

Hurling 2

as a mesa pilot i have come to not believe anything our union says or mgmt says untill it actually happens....Hell our own MEC said that freedom would never get airborne! I agree that JO is just trying to work the stock prices so he can buy yet another motorcycle!

I dont want to, but if the current MEC gets re-elected, I will be heavily involved with the recall effort.

Hi!

In the majors section there is a AWA thread that speaks to this. ONe poster said the Mesa ALREADY has a 737 on their property! He said they plan to start flying in Jul, as the poster above said.

CLiff
DTW

Latest resources

Back