• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Expects Q2 Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Mesa doesn't need to show how much money it lost in the first quarter now? They just want to come out and say they made money in the second quarter? I still find that hard to believe.

Mesa Sucks!!!! Damn the guy above me beat me to it.

Special one-time accounting alert forthcoming.

OMFG!:angryfire You have to admit JO is good! Not only does he get away with not releasing his 1st Qtr report, he substitutes it with his 2nd Qtr report that has earnings. Golf clap any one?:puke:

Mesa does it different, like everything else they do. I think Mesa's fiscal year ends September 30.

So the quarter ending December 31 is the first quarter (which they reported a loss of 2.8M)

and ending March 31 is the second quarter. These are the results we hear Monday.

Just to confuse us simple minded pilots.

Although I'm surprised Mesa's supposedly going to post a profit, one has to wonder WHY they and other regional lift providers don't ALWAYS post profits.

As I understand it, most of them are "fee for departure", so the profits are guaranteed. Especially since they're mostly insulated from rising fuel costs.

Of course, it doesn't help places like XJet when they get 1/3 of their fleet dumped, or Mesa when it decided to pretend to be a real airline in Hawaii (disastrous for everyone involved), ditto for Independence, .. . but really: why doesn't every lift provider always post modest profits?

Skywest seems to understand this, and consisently makes money. One wonders what the other lift providers are doing wrong?

Latest resources

Back