• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Domiciles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but all the other jet operations I know of have 11 minimum.

Just to share my experience the domiciles they have now will probably be gone by the time you get there. When they opened their D.C and BNA bases last year I was displaced from DEN to BNA. I was on reserve and was supposed to be in my new base around August So I asked for move days and they responded by saying we can deadhead you the day before and that should be good enough. I asked how I was supposed to get my car/stuff out there and they were dumbfounded. They just said isnt that what days off are for. So not only will you probably have to change domiciles a lot you wont get a day to move. You will either have to commute or move on your own time then wait forever to get reimbursed. I believe they are getting rid of 2 or 3 bases right now so theres gonna be a ton of people moving soon. If you like uncertainty and basically packing up and moving at the drop of a hat then its definately the job for you. I still dont regret leaving that place.

Last edited:
Cosmo1999 said:
If you like uncertainty and basically packing up and moving at the drop of a hat then its definately the job for you. I still dont regret leaving that place.

Thanks for the insight Cosmo and everyone else. I've heard similar stories about Mesa from others but I'm just checking it out anyway. Any other comments you all have would be greatly appreciated.

-Goose

Last edited:
Alright, let's clarify this 8 days thing. It's per bid period which is 28 days. We have 13 bid periods a year. It's not PER MONTH.

sennant said:
Alright, let's clarify this 8 days thing. It's per bid period which is 28 days. We have 13 bid periods a year. It's not PER MONTH.

Wow that makes it way better!!! So that would equate to maybe 9 days off per month for a 30 day bid period like everyone else has. Only difference is every other jet operator has 11 days off min.

Latest resources

Back