Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa v. ALPA

Can't we all just get along?...... All your UNION DUES are belong to me...Ha ha

I hope NW BK doesn't effect my retirement......

DwayneWorthless said:
Can't we all just get along?...... All your UNION DUES are belong to me...Ha ha

I hope NW BK doesn't effect my retirement......

What you say? Why you dirtly rotten worthless little SOB! (glass shattering, people fleeing for their lives from around my office) Somebody set up us the bomb! War is beginning

Mesa v. ALPA

Mesa Beer... Less Taste More Filling.........I think you can by a case at Cosco for about $1.50

DwayneWorthless said:
Mesa Beer... Less Taste More Filling.........I think you can by a case at Cosco for about $1.50

I got something for you to drink! TAKE THAT ZIG

BoilerUP said:
Yes, Mesa was ALPA when they signed their contract. Mesa had to settle for a substandard contract so they could scope the Freedom CR7/CR9 flying. They gave up ALOT in their contract to get it. Even with the current TSA/BlowJets whipsaw play in effect, people tend to forget that fact.

Not entirely accurate.

TSA was given an option to recapture the gj's flying in exchange for keeping their CURRENT contract.

They turned it down. OVERWHELMINGLY.

Mesa guys caved IMMEDIATELY and took a WORSE contract written by JO to get their shinny new jets . . . with the full urging of their "leadership" (a fair number of them being the only benificiaries of the one "plus" in that contract, a top out 20-year payscale). The same "leaders" in charge today . . . .

Without even waiting for the single-carrier petition to go through the courts.

Mesa guys DESERVE exactly what they got, and yeah, they deserve all the insults hurled at them here. It wasn't the freedom guys who ultimately hosed them, it was their own chicken-sit cowardace.

Last edited:
Okay, Synchoff...point taken. We deserve what we got, and we have to live with it. But why the hostility? What would make you so upset as to "hurl insults at us"? If it makes you feel better, feel free to fire way. Trust me, I'm not here to defend Mesa (personally, the thought of doing so makes me ill), but I really have a hard time understanding what drives such hatred?

Sure would be nice if we could all return to the days of when we were learning to fly, having fun with it, enjoying the comraderie...in general, not being so pissed off at one another.

Oh well, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Hurl away!

Thanks for the answers guys,
When the time comes around I am looking forward to watching JO get his a$$ kicked!

Latest resources

Back