• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Continues to Disintegrate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About a year and a half ago, I had the nose wheel light assembly fall off the airplane on final into JAX. The mechanic CDL'd it and we were airborne 30 minutes later. Glad Im gone from that place!

There was an AD that was issued in 2002 or so for the CRJ-700 gear doors that requires an inspection that is done off the airplane. It was started in the first place because a Mesa plane shat a gear door in DEN.

The diamond award has nothing to do with how maintenance is performed. Simply says guys have been through the training. The slimebag feds and airlines colaborating to absolve themselves should the unthinkable happen. Pilot error, baby.

Last edited:
"It's so amazing that this piece of airplane didn't fall onto the zillions of houses right behind it."

Somebody help me out.

Does zillions = 1,000,000,000,000,000 or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000. I forget if it's 15 or 18 zeros. :erm:

one night in IAD my fo found 2 of 3 bolts missing that attach the main gear door to the strut on the ERJ. I wrote it up. 2 hours later the door is removed and we were off with a CDL speed limit of 250kts. That plane stayed gear door free for 3 months! ATC loved that plane... NOT. Glad I'm outta that SH^T hole. Throw JO down the well

one night in IAD my fo found 2 of 3 bolts missing that attach the main gear door to the strut on the ERJ. I wrote it up. 2 hours later the door is removed and we were off with a CDL speed limit of 250kts. That plane stayed gear door free for 3 months! ATC loved that plane... NOT. Glad I'm outta that SH^T hole. Throw JO down the well

I did'nt think the main gear had doors.

So I guess when you hear a Mesa crew declaring an emergency because they "lost" an engine, they're not just misusing a colloquialism?

Latest resources

Back