• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Mesa CEO points finger at unions

relief tube

Total Time
(posted on Usatoday's online airline forum "Today in the Sky"- Oct27th)

===Mesa CEO points finger at unions: The airline industry is often characterized by tense relations between labor and management. While management has been seen by many as the aggressor in recent years, Mesa Air CEO Jonathan Ornstein offered an interesting perspective on the subject Wednesday at the Las Vegas World Aviation Forum. He said that the union rhetoric and the union's "constant fomentation of anti-management sentiment by unions" can poison the relationship between the two sides. "And then they turn to us and say we're confrontational," he added. There were no labor representatives on Ornstein's panel — though if there were, they likely would have dispute Ornstein's assessment. Mesa Air operates feeder flights for Delta, United and US Airways. Posted 11:10 a.m======================

Unbelievable. Of course they're going to hate you when you pay them industry-low rates and give them 8 days off "in a 28 day period." That guy just plain needs to go away.

When is the next contract due at Mesa? If y'all succeed in giving JO hell and raise your contracts' standards, it'd help us all. No backing down in the name of "growth." Fight hard.

flyer172r

Total Time
So what is the great JO doing to fix labor relations at his airline? More finger-pointing trying to shift blame without doing anything to improve the situation.

DwayneWorthless

The Supreme One
Total Time
$$$$$$
Mesa v. ALPA

Ornstein,

You Dirty Rotten S.O.B. The only problem ALPA posses to Airline MGT is informing it's pilots that their skills are worth more than what they are paid.

Airline Exec's reap the reward(s) when the airline makes a profit. Why should the pilots take pay cuts? Oh yeah, because you Exec's are worth more than the guys and gals who actually make the company profitable. Not!

You Exec's sit in your Glass Palace and take Huge Bonuses when the company is in "hot water" too. Time for the pilots to wake up and smell the profits. Time for management to wake up and smell the jet fuel. Time to take what you are woerth. lol....:beer:

atlcrashpad

Can't hold me down
Total Time
Bling
Mesa v. ALPA

Nice one Dwayne. Now what are you going to do to help us? Oh... I forgot you don't help us...

Captain Morgan

Total Time
-
We need to picket him outside his house (the hole in the ground) with pitchforks like they did in Frankenstein. We need to tar and feather this A**hole and run him out of the industry, even if it means a fight to the death. I for one, would sacrifice my career if that meant his...

CapnVegetto

The Prince of all Saiyans
Total Time
I wouldn't pi$$ on Jon Ornstein if he was on fire. I might $hit on him though......

coolyokeluke

Total Time
2600+
Well Lorenzo was eventually run out of the business, I guess it could be done again with Ornstien. "Unfit to run an airline", anybody remember that from Hard Landing?

Tomct

Total Time
11000+
:rolleyes:Yeah, you guys at Mesa hate where you work, but you STILL work for the Jack@ss! You guys need to stand up and make something happen because right now, he is having his way with you!!
Don't you guys get tired of the Sand-papered FIST?