Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what she said.

MESA SUCKS

So it's OK for ALPA members to hope for other ALPA members to lose their jobs? Now once again, can an ALPA cheerleader explain that for me.....How is it that we have created a system where union members hope for their fellow "brothers" to go out of busines....Herndon we have a problem......

Because Joe, at a "real" union, you don't have this type of 'race to the bottom' behavior.

You think you would see this behavior at UAW shops? HA!

ALPA is the perfect type of union for the "ME" generation.

Because Joe, at a "real" union, you don't have this type of 'race to the bottom' behavior.

Because pilots are their own worst enemy, shoot themselves in the foot, etc. Its not just ALPA.

So it's OK for ALPA members to hope for other ALPA members to lose their jobs? Now once again, can an ALPA cheerleader explain that for me.....How is it that we have created a system where union members hope for their fellow "brothers" to go out of busines....Herndon we have a problem......

Oh please, you're talking about industry wide unity, it doesn't exist. So do you actually shed a tear when you see a fellow ALPA Alaskan pilot out of a job etc? I didn't get a basket of flowers from ALPA members when I was furloughed, it's hard enough to fly the line without getting caught up in union bull********************. I don't think anyone wants a member to lose their job but they won't think twice about replacing them either. It's happening right now.

Oh please, you're talking about industry wide unity, it doesn't exist. So do you actually shed a tear when you see a fellow ALPA Alaskan pilot out of a job etc? I didn't get a basket of flowers from ALPA members when I was furloughed, it's hard enough to fly the line without getting caught up in union bull********************. I don't think anyone wants a member to lose their job but they won't think twice about replacing them either. It's happening right now.

Crap, I hate to be the one to say this but....I totally agree with every word you posted.

AMEN

Mesa should leave ALPA. I hear the Teamsters are interested in presenting their case to the pilot group.

Because pilots are their own worst enemy, shoot themselves in the foot, etc. Its not just ALPA.

Ummm, what happened to, "We Are ALPA" that so many union leaders like to say? Pilots are not their own worst enemy, it is called self preservation instinct. The only reason all those UAW guys at GM still have jobs right now is because the government stepped in. Had that not been the case, they would have all effectively negotiated themselves out of jobs.

Ummm, what happened to, "We Are ALPA" that so many union leaders like to say? Pilots are not their own worst enemy, it is called self preservation instinct. The only reason all those UAW guys at GM still have jobs right now is because the government stepped in. Had that not been the case, they would have all effectively negotiated themselves out of jobs.

We are ALPA. People speak of ALPA as if its just the MEC or ALPA national. But the fact is that every dues paying member is ALPA. Every member needs to take ownership because every member owns ALPA. When they blame ALPA for anything, they are in fact blaming themselves.

As for pilots being their worst enemy, the past has proven that time and time again. I don't deny that it doesn't happen in other industries but I could also point to the longshoremen as an example of a union that sticks together.

Latest resources

Back