• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Bankruptcy could be 7/20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean, like the way SkyWest was dealt irreparable harm the last time both Majors were in bankruptcy? Or would you like to change your statement to this: SkyWest, Inc. will once again be instrumental in helping BOTH United and Delta get through bankruptcy should either have to file again.

A not unlikely scenario. Skywest is a tightly run ship.

Understand: It is not my desire to see any regional lift, or any airline, go under.

I do believe the fundamentals for this business are changing radically, and a large part of this will mean fewer RJ's and fewer cities serviced.

Seems hard to believe that this could happen. However, PIT is a good example. PIT is hardly a small town, and as little as 9 years ago it was a booming hub. Now it's a ghost town. When LCC shut it down, no one moved in to pick up the pieces.

The same is probably going to happen to numerous other small cities over the next 2-5 years. This can only mean fewer jobs for lift providers (and airlines).

UNLESS . . . . Lift providers become actual airlines again. Skywest did a great job selling tickets as an actual code share partner in the past. I could see them doing this again in the not too distant future.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back