• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Are They Hiring???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say send your packet in with a block of the finest cheese you can afford to buy, RATs love cheese and you will learn to love it too if you get hired. Look at all of your options before you hop on with them.

Originally posted by FSB99
sure, you're qualified to work for mesa.
you're also qualified to strap explosives to your body and pull the pin on a buss full of civilians, but that would be immoral... wouldn't it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Historically it has been used for thousands of years in one form or another in many countries and religions worldwide. I wonder if its immoral or just "business" to manipulate a Corporate BOD so that a profit sharing to employee's is decreased. In the same light is it immoral or "just business" to not maintain proper oversite of a contracted maintaince facility and allow a "accident" to occur from untrained contracted personel. Just think, I could contract with a seperate company to maintain my aircraft and if it crashes it's not my fault. Hell sue me, my insurance company will meet you in court in Siera Leon where subcontracted policy is this week.

Nice Mesa Jacket!

Maybe that $50 dollar mesa app fee goes toward their new cool mesa jackets that I see a lot their pilots wearing. These are the guys that were considered prop heads in college. No life outside of aviation, maybe thats why they like only having eight days off a month. Hey, does that jacket come with a fuel strainer holder, free knee board, and a free subscription to Sporty's pilot mag? Mesa is good for one thing, cheap entertainment and giving me something to bitch about. If you have enough time to get hired some where else, why the hell would you look at the worst airline out there. I know many airlines that are hiring people with your time. Good Luck ACA and you are making all the pilot groups that are trying to raise the bar or have raise the bar proud.

just got an email from them with a link to their site, showing all the forms available for download and instructions on how to apply. this was not there just a few days ago, the site then said 'not accepting apps....'

so, looks like hiring is cranking up

Take a good look at the company before you apply and do alot of homework. You have to make some assumptions. I only apply/interview at companies I want to work for. If you apply, assume you will get an interview. Assuming you get the interview, assume you will get hired. Assuming you get hired, assume you accept the job offer. Back to the top- make sure this is a company worth working at. I personally would not take a job at Mesa airlines. I do not like what I hear about their owner and the type of operation he runs. I also could not live on the money they pay.

You will probably be there for awhile so choose wisely.

Also think about the industry as a whole and how you and Mesa impact the airline industry.

Last edited:
Excellent reply! Mesa is low-balling other regionals to undercut the competition with their major partners to gain routes that ACA, Piedmont, Chataqua, et al are flying. If you guys aren't careful, we'll ALL be flying for Mesa for $12 an hour to start.

Speedtree, I am sure you are very confortable saying how bad is Mesa ( that I am sure is true) while you are flying a
Dornier 328 and moving forward on your aviation career. I would like to hear your opinion if you were instructing on a c-152 or even loading boxes on a Chieftain at a remote airport at 430am. All of a sudden Mesa as bad as it is, wouldn't be such a bad option. Specially if you been doing your current job for 2 or 3 years and you've been sending resumes everywhere whithout getting an answer back.
An now, you are saying that it would be a bad idea to apply to Mesa because of poor working conditions in respect with other regionals? Man, I am not even in a regional, and that fight, is suppoust to be won from the inside not the outside. That fight it's already been lost and next time it comes if I ever work for Mesa, I would look back to my years of work with them and I'll make my decisions.
I think some pilots on this site don't really realize how bad things really are concerning employment. My advice to AAworker would be to apply to anything that can help you out in your flight career path and don't turn anything down. Maybe one day when you are in a regional, you will have your chance to make a difference and fight for a new contract.

Scube.

Latest resources

Back