Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Fins,

I have stayed there for fun, at the Melia Cancun. A glass pyramid structure----really nice resort.

Bye Bye--General Lee
That is a very nice place. We were thinking of trying it. We have been staying at the Palace resorts for the free watersports, tours, and 30% discounts through Sparkfly. Xpu Ha is next on the list.

If we could only stuff a life raft in an RJ. We could probably carry a raft, a slide, a can of "no shark" and about 5 revenue pax. Wonder if that would work.... I hear RJ ETOPS is on the way :)

WSurf said:
SanJuan,

You post is filled with so much Fog I can't really read into it. I agree that we need to stick together on making our QOL and Pay better. But I disagree with the fact that I do believe Mesa has affected other contracts in the industry. You have to raise the bar, not lower it on each contract. And the last one you signed by 87% didn't raise anything. I put as much blame on ALPA for allowing all this that has happen, they want to keep a strong division between regionals and mainline. And has totally backfired in there face, no way a 90 seat A/c should be flown at a regional. Sad, Sad.
There are some fine pilots over there (MESA), however they are willing to sell their soul to JO in return for more airplanes and fast upgrades.
Good luck over there, I know its tuff being the regional that everyone loves to hate the most.

Not willing to sell our soul - just willing to stop "Freedom" with scope language.

surplus1 said:
General,

You are correct, we can't compete with JetBlue on the pay rates. You can't either. On top of that your present infrastructure helps to make you less competitive. That is not your fault.

Let us not forget however, it was ALPA that first low-balled the EMB170 product, not JB. It was not regional pilots that did it, it was mainline pilots at USAirways. Can you name anyone that has lower rates for that equipment than MDA? Remember, the matched the Eagle contract, but they gave up 100% of their longevity, thus putting them all at 1st year pay. You can bet that the JBlue decision was based on that. As far as I know, there are no 1st yr capt's flying 70-seat jets at any regional carrier.

If Delta pilots want to give up their longevity to get a 90-seat airplane, go for it. The $89 JB pay that you quote for the EMB-190 applies to a 12 yr. Capt. Don't forget that JB hasn't even existed for 6 years so there will be no one at that pay rate. Virtually all of their EMB-190 capts can be expected to be pretty close to 1st year pay, which is $71 at present. That's not a pretty picture. Not for you, not for us, not for anyone.

As far as I know, only Mesa has lower pay for a 12 yr Capt in the CRJ-900 = $82. Also courtesy of ALPA. I do not envy your efforts.

Yet in reference to Jet Blue people are lining up at the door to go to work for them, a non union wage lowering airline. Go figure.

F - - K!!!!!

This is the absolute WORST thing that can happen to any pilot at Comair/ASA/Skywest/and CHQ! I have seen first hand what having Mesa as a connection carrier for you major partner does to pilot groups at the other regionals. The worst of it is that your contract will be gutted, or you wil watch Mesa grow and grow and grow! At the expense of your company. Get used to the seat your in, and the seniority you have ---- because it probably will not move again for many years! In the case of ASA, upgrade will be 8 - 10 years from your hire date, IMO.

Don't worry in about 4 years Delta will sue Mesa to replace them forcing them into Bankruptcy. Comair will furlough half the pilots, ASA will get a new contract as well as UA flying for ua. Things will work out.

Latest resources

Back