Mesa and Delta...It's official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surplus1

I do believe the post is MESA and DELTA,, and NOT RJDC--go create on so others do not have to scroll through your opinions..because we do not CARE what you think.....

I do owe a computer or have access--you are a smart one--

YOU must be DELTA MGT>

If I remember well Surplus1 was not the person who made this a thread about RJDC. Just an observation. UBA757

Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for (nearly) free?

General Lee said:
Delta may cease to exist, after a merger with NW or CAL. What will happen to ASA and Comair? Answer: Aeromexico Express based in Tampico. Or, you might get absorbed by Mesa. Take a pick. And, which other employees at DL treat us bad? We all know at mainline and Song that we are just along for the ride.

Really Gee Lee, you have an overinflated opinion of yourself. One need only look at recent history at your once proud carrier, does the term 'asset purchase' sound familiar? It should, it's what happened to significant portions of The Greatest Airline of All Time, Pan American Airways. If some other carrier is foolish enough to bite off chunks of the Delta carcass, do you seriously believe that they are just going to blend you and your fabulously expensive pension plan right onto their list? Hmmmmmm?

I think Fins will get a kick out of how ALPA's Merger and Fragmentation Policy would be applied there!

Aeromexico Epress for us? Perhaps, but Taco Bell burrioto assembly line for you.

! Mi Amigo! - I like AeroMexico :) Staple me to the part of the list where I fly with the junior folks :) ! Mui, mui, Bueno !

I'd rather have a crew of twenty something Senioritas and Chicas who think El Capitan is mui guapa than the Delta stews who do their uno mandatory pass through with the Sun Chips then sit on their peros for the next four hours perusing what ever the AARP sent them this month and worrying about wrinkle cream.

Have you spent a day in a Mexcian all inclusive? If Delta's folks had half the enthusiasm and professionalism your average $10 a week Mexican had, we would not be in half the mess we are in now.

Gratis Dox Equis Especial would be a nice touch on ATR's & RJ's with deferred packs. Si, where do I sign up for Sud Delta Connexion?

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
I'd rather have a crew of twenty something Senioritas and Chicas who think El Capitan is mui guapa

Finally, something you and I can agree on. :D

FlyComAirJets said:
Really Gee Lee, you have an overinflated opinion of yourself. One need only look at recent history at your once proud carrier, does the term 'asset purchase' sound familiar? It should, it's what happened to significant portions of The Greatest Airline of All Time, Pan American Airways. If some other carrier is foolish enough to bite off chunks of the Delta carcass, do you seriously believe that they are just going to blend you and your fabulously expensive pension plan right onto their list? Hmmmmmm?

I think Fins will get a kick out of how ALPA's Merger and Fragmentation Policy would be applied there!

Aeromexico Epress for us? Perhaps, but Taco Bell burrioto assembly line for you.

Huh? Que? Taco assembly line for who? Maybe you guys. You think DL would be broken up into pieces? Uh, I don't think so. How did Grinstein do with Western Airlines? Did he cut that up too? Nah. If we are sold it will be as one piece, and we will complement whoever buys us. You guys on the otherhand, should be wondering if Mesa will treat you right. Grinstein has a plan, and you may not be in it. Remember, like Palumbo says....."We don't plan to fail....." and we will sell core assets in the meantime. That is YOU baby. Don't worry, you will be serving burritos before me, and that will make you manager when I get there. Can I get Sunday's off please???

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
! Mi Amigo! - I like AeroMexico :) Staple me to the part of the list where I fly with the junior folks :) ! Mui, mui, Bueno !

I'd rather have a crew of twenty something Senioritas and Chicas who think El Capitan is mui guapa than the Delta stews who do their uno mandatory pass through with the Sun Chips then sit on their peros for the next four hours perusing what ever the AARP sent them this month and worrying about wrinkle cream.

Have you spent a day in a Mexcian all inclusive? If Delta's folks had half the enthusiasm and professionalism your average $10 a week Mexican had, we would not be in half the mess we are in now.

Gratis Dox Equis Especial would be a nice touch on ATR's & RJ's with deferred packs. Si, where do I sign up for Sud Delta Connexion?

Fins,

I have stayed in GDL on 24 hour layovers? Is that good enough? I have also hit Mexico City a few times. Not my favorite cities. Our trips to CUN are turns, but I have stayed there for fun, at the Melia Cancun. A glass pyramid structure----really nice resort.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pun intended

~~~^~~~ said:
El Capitan is mui guapa ,,,,,,.

Hey Fins, I don't think you really want El Capitan (if its you) to be "muy guapa". The senoritas don't go for that.

And PCL_128, you agree? I never thought a right wing zealot would swing that way.

Just pulling your chains guys. Try "muy guapo", the chicas will appreciate that much more. LOL

Right back at ya, babe!

General Lee said:
Huh? Que? Taco assembly line for who? Maybe you guys. You think DL would be broken up into pieces? Uh, I don't think so. How did Grinstein do with Western Airlines? Did he cut that up too? Nah. If we are sold it will be as one piece, and we will complement whoever buys us. You guys on the otherhand, should be wondering if Mesa will treat you right. Grinstein has a plan, and you may not be in it. Remember, like Palumbo says....."We don't plan to fail....." and we will sell core assets in the meantime. That is YOU baby.

You are mixing up eras, Gee Lee. Western 1987 wasn't the basket case headed straight to the bottom like the S.S. DeltaTitanic is. A more accurate comparison would be to compare Delta to Pan Am circa 1991. What airline has the re$ource$ to bail out this mess AND billions (that's with a b) in pension obligations? Uh, I don't think so. Delta will be part and parceled out just like Pan Am was -- the Atlantic division will go here, the Shuttle will go there, and Song will just ... go. Some pilots might go along with the deal, but I wouldn't hold my breath about the pension thing but not to worry, it'll be bailed out like the steel companies were.

Just hang in there, bro', soon your fondest dream will be reaized and we will be completelly separate companies. Then we'll be competitors. I like our chances.

surplus1 said:
And PCL_128, you agree? I never thought a right wing zealot would swing that way.

Hey, twenty year old senioritas can bring everyone together. :)

Latest resources

Back