In the world of Star Trek--Next Generation

Mesa = The Borg

Resistance is futile........

From other BB

mrharvester

Domicile: PHX
Equipment: CRJ
Position: FO
You gotta admit, this is a pretty smart idea. If this happens, and that's a big IF, it would accomplish a lot of JO's goals, almost instantly. With the size of the new company, financing would be easier to come by to start a LCC with larger aircraft. Additionally, this would potentially allow ACA (Mesa) to keep the United business on the east coast and become the largest United Express carrier, not to mention the largest regional. Mesa would also sneak through the back door into some Delta Connection business

Re: From other BB

big dog1 said:
Mesa would also sneak through the back door into some Delta Connection business

I doubt it that part. Mesa runs into the same problem with DAL's scope clause that ACA will run into with the LCC.

Can't operate a/c with more than 70 seats. Mesa has 90 seaters, no?

There may be a get out of jail free card for some of the ACA guys after all.

Comair please take the do-do birds.... please.......... I need options!

I don't want to take a nearly $20,000/yr pay cut to go to mesa.

What will be interesting is to see how the Mesa MEC negotiates a merger contract. Are they going to "stand" by their current book or would they be willing to work under the ACA book? It will be kind of funny to hear them say that they just have to keep the ACA book only months after they told their pilot group that they HAVE to sign the contract that was given to them by Mesa. It won't matter though, JO will say it is the Mesa contract that will triumph. Talk about a never ending nightmare.

No shyt man... Look what happened to the CCAir guys... they got mutilated.

ACA's contract is far above Mesa's in pay and work rules. Johnny O would never let it stand. This is nothing but bad news for the people working at ACA.

My crystal ball says that this is the only way Mesa can get the contractual number of RJs, gates and personnel it needs to "flourish" with UAL. What I don't get is that UAL is a sinking ship and doesn't have the luxury to plunder from a wholly owned UAX partner(s) to stay afloat (e.g. Delta). We UAX partners cannot financially float UAL, so why partner with a looser?

This announcement came out of the wild blue yonder.

Tailwinds...

Rat in the stew...

I can't help but think that United has a hand in this. What perfect way for them to strong-arm ACA. United knows it is Fuc'd if it looses the ACA gates at IAD. ACA, by announcing the LCC plans has made lots of enemies, ie. United, JetBlue, AirTran, SouthWest et al.....

Out of the loop for a few days...

Is this whole thing for real? Or is it just hot air?

Holy Scheisse

I didn't see this one coming.

This has a very good chance of actually happening. The BOD will have to consider this, or be held responsible by the shareholders if they decide for a LCC and fail. (ala Eastern: Frank Borman = Terry Skeen, Lorenzo = Ornstein) I think the shareholders will see this as the best way to get a guaranteed revenue flow out of a company whose management is trying right now to sell them a dream.

For a while there I was second guessing my decision to leave ACA. Good luck to all of my former coworkers.

This twist in this plot is really making it interesting. I don't think many people saw this one coming.

Bye bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back