MESA and ACA may merge!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyChicaga said:
Does anyone really think this could happen?

Lets see... a 25% instant gain to shareholders who have been stung by the stock price of the floundering airline biz since 9/11...

What do you think will happen?

This nasty little experiment known as MESA is starting to spread like a virus. ALthough it would be rather ammusing that ACA pilots were making much more that pilots working at MESA but they were all owned by MESA.

AHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRR I shoulda been a lumber-jack

M ix
E very
S mall
A irline

Well I certainly didn't see that one coming. Does this mean that I get a DOH merge at Mesa? And hopefully more than 8 days off?

Twotter76 said:
Well I certainly didn't see that one coming. Does this mean that I get a DOH merge at Mesa? And hopefully more than 8 days off?

Depends on what your and Mesa merger committee comes up with.

I remember when Mesa bought CC Air back in the later 90's, the CC Air pilots were paid better than Mesa pilots so J.O. pressured the CC Air pilots to lower their wages. In short, it eventually led to the closing of CC Air. That is what this new anouncement reminds me of.....

This does more than walk and talk like a duck. It is the exact Lorenzo model. Buy the airline with paper transactions, use the assests of the aquired company to fund the acquisition, strongarm the new employee group into concessions or watch their assets sold off piecemeal.

What kind of successorship language does ACA have? J.O does not want your pilot group. He wants your CRJs. This is the scariest scenario I've seen in a while on these boards.

What is a better long-term return for Shareholders?

Selling out to MESA?

ACA’s LCC operation?

Stand-by for ACA BODs confidence check.

Splert

Splert said:
What is a better long-term return for Shareholders?

If you've been watching the markets lately no one is "long-term" anymore... It is all about short term gains and moving on. a 25%+ return (35% on average since July) from losses is very attractive to shareholders no matter who they are. Unfortunately shareholders don't care about the employee groups, they only care about their return on investment.

Disclaimer: I don't own any ACA or Mesa stock, nor do I necessarily agree with this merger, just merely making an observation.

Latest resources

Back