Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Air Group Settles Aloha Lawsuit and Agrees to Enter Long Term Licensing Agreemen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Frikken retard"

Give me a break PBR, Pdub never said he was bidding to fly out there. Pdub just basically stated its amazing the stuff JO pulls out of his hat at the last minute. I don't think anyone wasn't amazed by this one!

"Frikken retard"

Give me a break PBR, Pdub never said he was bidding to fly out there. Pdub just basically stated its amazing the stuff JO pulls out of his hat at the last minute. I don't think anyone wasn't amazed by this one!

Exactly... I owe you a beer!

Maybe they settled for $2million because they stand a better chance of getting that then if they went for $100 mil. If Mesa files chaper 7 then the only people to get cash is our federal government.
Something is better than nothing. I would take 2 instead of nothing.

no Hawaiian was settled a year or so ago for 52 mil! must be good to go first. There is a bs suit by mokulele but it does not have much to it and looks like it was filed solely in response to Mesa sueing them in PHX. Boyer has to be crapping himself with the ALOHA name going to Mesa. Could not have happened at a worse time for him.

Okay kiddies, Devil's Advocate time: With Mesa's acquisition of the Aloha name, issuing stock to the shareholders, and continued insistence on sticking it out in HI, this may bode well for their continued survival in the area.

The comment about the E170s being more efficient than CRJs only applies if the planes are booked. Load factors in the Mokulele operation have been far from full, and with the Hawaiian tourism industry still in the doldrums with no end in sight (something about a "global recession" or whatnot), island traffic isn't likely to get much better in the near future. RAH went over into that market with the expectation that Mesa would be out of the picture in the very near future. In the meantime, we've got four competing carriers in the same market. Has that ever worked? Hawaiian and Island Air still have the loyalty of the people over there who want to keep Hawaiian business local, for what that's worth. Aloha name recognition could sway loads of uneducated travelers in the future. In the meantime, Mesa can still keep things cheaper than the other jet guys by means of labor costs, etc. With the price of Jet-A dropping even in HI, we may see yet another logic-defying escape by Mesa at the expense of the other three carriers. Just a thought.

PHOENIX, Nov. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced that it entered into a settlement with the former controlling shareholder of Aloha Airlines concerning the Aloha Airlines lawsuit over Mesa's Hawaiian inter-island flight services operated under the go! brand name. Under the terms of the settlement, and without admitting any wrongdoing, Mesa agreed:

-- Mesa will make a cash payment of $2 million;
-- Mesa will issue shares of Mesa common stock equal to 10% of its currently outstanding shares;
-- Mesa will provide certain Hawaiian inter-island travel benefits to the former employees of Aloha Airlines; -- In the event the shareholder is able to purchase the "Aloha" name in the upcoming bankruptcy court auction, it will license the "Aloha" name to Mesa.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081128/clf916.html?.v=1

Don't jump to conclusions boys. The shareholders still ned to purchase the name first in BK court.

No risk of delisting

In case you missed it. There is no longer a risk of delisting. As part of the wall street bailout NASDAQ has suspended enforcement of the $1 minimum value rule.

In case you missed it. There is no longer a risk of delisting. As part of the wall street bailout NASDAQ has suspended enforcement of the $1 minimum value rule.

Could you cite a reference on that?

Latest resources

Back