• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA -200s for UAL...TOAST

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
its not a wrap for mesa, something will happen to keep them around and hey guys I know Mesa sucks, but lets think about the pilots involved here, that would be a lot of guys who would join the unemployed ranks. Maybe Skywest will buy them to get into the USair network.

Yeah if anything bad were to happen there would be a lot of pilots out of work. But wait, what about all the other professionals that would join them in the unemployment line?? Pilots are awesome and all, but will they ever get rid of that "the world revolves around me, me, me & only Me" thinking? How has that mentality gotten so bad, but in reality pilots don't give a crap about each other?

Anyway, back on topic. How much of a bind will UA be put in if mesa CR2's all stop service? SkyWest may just get an inroad to USAirways if they somehow get rid of republic, as some on here have predicted. But what are the chances of booting republic prematurely? I'm not sure there is any until contracts just expire.

Mesa will go to the creditors to renegotiate leases on airplanes and if the creditors don't want to play then they will give them back. As far as the ERJs I'm sure they will give those back and just fly 70-90 seaters and become a smaller company and will probably expand Hawaii some more, who knows .. Everyone needs to stop using their "expert" advice about how the outcome will be when nothing has happened yet.

They need revenue to expand... Good luck pulling passengers from HA.

Pilots are awesome and all, but will they ever get rid of that "the world revolves around me, me, me & only Me" thinking?

No.

Look around you, when have pilots ever cared for one another, especially for other pilot groups? Oh yes, I'll help you out as long as it's not in my backyard. There is no and has never been any real unity. .

Last edited:
No.

Look around you, when have pilots ever cared for one another, especially for other pilot groups? Oh yes, I'll help you out as long as it's not in my backyard. There is no and has never been any real unity. .

It only looks like that from YOUR seat son. There are lots of us who would stand up for others, it's called having a backbone.

Wikipedia perhaps?

Indubitably my good chum!

No.

....said the GoJet pilot. :bomb:

Mesa will go to the creditors to renegotiate leases on airplanes and if the creditors don't want to play then they will give them back. As far as the ERJs I'm sure they will give those back and just fly 70-90 seaters and become a smaller company and will probably expand Hawaii some more, who knows .. Everyone needs to stop using their "expert" advice about how the outcome will be when nothing has happened yet.

Expand Hawaii? There is a significantly large percentage of the population in Hawaii that really does not like Go. Even with Aloha gone, Go cannot reach the percentage of inter-island traffic that Mid-Pac had when they were trying to compete as a THIRD inter-island carrier. Go has way to much baggage to ever be successful in Hawaii.

Expand Hawaii? There is a significantly large percentage of the population in Hawaii that really does not like Go. Even with Aloha gone, Go cannot reach the percentage of inter-island traffic that Mid-Pac had when they were trying to compete as a THIRD inter-island carrier. Go has way to much baggage to ever be successful in Hawaii.

That may be true, but JO is very good about pulling rabbits out of hats at the last minute.Hard to say what direction things might go..no pun intended.

Latest resources

Back