MESA -200s for UAL...TOAST

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know Mesa sucks, but lets think about the pilots involved here

You know, how come on flight info, when a crap-ass airline is finally about to go under and take it's due punishment for being so BAD, I'm reminded to think about the pilots.

...but when a pilot decided it's a better deal for him/herself and their family to remain at their regional carrier and work for better wages/rules, more flying and growth...I'm told to consider the ill effect on the industry.

You can't have it both ways.

its not a wrap for mesa, something will happen to keep them around and hey guys I know Mesa sucks, but lets think about the pilots involved here, that would be a lot of guys who would join the unemployed ranks. Maybe Skywest will buy them to get into the USair network.

We would not buy them. With Their purchase comes their debt.

Rumor has it that Mesa has been in Manhattan shopping corporate law firms for Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings... discuss.

Rumor has it that Mesa has been in Manhattan shopping corporate law firms for Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings... discuss.

I'm thinking that would be YOUR RUMOR!!!

BTW...Chapter 7 is a total discharge of personal debt.
Chapter 11 would be for a business reorganizing their debt.
There is a difference.

Last edited:
Comair had over 1800 then you guys came to DCI and now we have 900 or so. Can't say I'll shed a tear tonight. hows that quick upgrade going

Well, I got my first type rating over ten years ago, so I'm not part of that crowd.

But you do bring up a good point I've been preaching for years. As main line airlines consolidate they will continue to aggressively pursue the lowest bid for contract flying. That means that the regional airlines will constantly fight for the scraps and try to under bid the competition to maintain flying or to get additional flying. Remember what Big D did with the CRJ 900 flying they took from Mesa? They dangled that carrot in front of all the other regional airlines until they got what they thought was the lowest bid.

So this will tell you what to expect in the future. We will be constantly be pitted against one another to see who can low ball a contract. We all lose while main line management has a ready made whip saw tool to use against regional airlines as well as main line pilot groups.

Long term the only answer so far is this. One..Do like Sky West and get so big that even with thin profit margins you can make a buck. (The Wall Mart Effect)

Or..Like Republic, make a play at becoming a National LLC by buying other name brands with your war chest and make a play at going it alone.

Food for thought.

I'm thinking that would be YOUR RUMOR!!!

BTW...Chapter 7 is a total discharge of personal debt.
Chapter 11 would be for a business reorganizing their debt.
There is a difference.
http://www.uscourts.gov/bankruptcycourts/bankruptcybasics/chapter7.html
I understand what I typed. And I understand the ramifications of Chapter 7 vs Chapter 11.

I don't see how Chapter 11 could serve Mesa. Any BK gives Delta an immediate out of their service agreement, which Delta has been begging for. If Mesa goes into BK... it is not coming back out.

Latest resources

Back