Merry Xmas from Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P180puke said:
Unfortunately, the head of scheduling is best friends with barry (the hiring guy at cs). So in classic avantair strongarm tactics, they've managed to close that door to try and keep pilots around.

Phil has friends? :confused:

FRACTRASH said:
Do you know if anyone has tried?

Yea, there was a pilot here (that got wise and moved on) that was trying to get in at CS sometime last year. Had a buddy there and everything. Again, they aren't good at keeping secrets. But then, if you're an honest firm, you should need secrets.

Whoever's not a puppet, it appears....

P180puke said:
derogatory or disparaging comments

So they consider their own corporate info as derogatory and disparaging.
Of course not! They have a double standard firmly in place. If a company treats its workers respectfully and compensates them fairly, they wouldn't need to send out threatening emails trying to muzzle them. Honest reports about the pay and working conditions aren't slanderous- -they're factual. It isn't the pilots fault if the company is so ashamed of their actions that they don't want anyone to know how they treat the employees. They've just made your case for you! Toe the line or else?!

I think that one email alone should generate quite a few more cards. Firing pilots without a cause- - other than their own fear- - just shows the potential leverage the pilots do have and the lengths the company will go to to stop y'all from organizing and making use of that strength. It also appears to me that the gauntlet has been thrown down, and Avantair pilots must decide what they're going to do. Get picked off one by one, or band together and fight back? It looks like an easy decision to me.

Time to start counting cards!
Netjetwife

Almost forgot. . .

P180, I enjoyed your post "Army of One". It's very similar to the NJ pilots "Pledge" that many there took to send the message to management that a corporate culture of disrespect and exploitation does come with a steep price tag. It's a well known rule of economics that you get what you pay for. While the NJ pilots were flying the Pledge, I cheered them on with my own personal motto that applies to other underpaid/overworked pilots--JUST EARN THE PAYCHECK! We all know that shouldn't require too much effort at places like Avantair, Flex and Options.

IF YOU'RE READY FOR A CHANGE, SEND IN A CARD

Just got my Xmas gift card in the mail! It was late but what the heck.

Returned ASAP to that address in CA.

Got three words for you, NJW.

netjetwife said:
Of course not! They have a double standard firmly in place. If a company treats its workers respectfully and compensates them fairly, they wouldn't need to send out threatening emails trying to muzzle them. Honest reports about the pay and working conditions aren't slanderous- -they're factual. It isn't the pilots fault if the company is so ashamed of their actions that they don't want anyone to know how they treat the employees. They've just made your case for you! Toe the line or else?!

I think that one email alone should generate quite a few more cards. Firing pilots without a cause- - other than their own fear- - just shows the potential leverage the pilots do have and the lengths the company will go to to stop y'all from organizing and making use of that strength. It also appears to me that the gauntlet has been thrown down, and Avantair pilots must decide what they're going to do. Get picked off one by one, or band together and fight back? It looks like an easy decision to me.

Time to start counting cards!
Netjetwife

Three words for you to ponder.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Get yall some help now, hear?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back