Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cornfed

Did anyone get this email?

Wow no Christmas bonus for us but apparently there is cash just laying around!

Thanks for nothing!!!!!!

We'd like to drop a quick note to congratulate Steve Santos and Kevin
Mckamey on the holiday gifts they received. For those of you who may not
know, these two gentlemen each received a Maserati sports car as a token of
appreciation from our new investor for the hard work they put into Avantair.
The fact that "cutting costs" is one of our newest company slogans is noted.
Maybe the reason the company cant afford to pay bonuses every year or
squeeze out a Christmas bonus is because hundreds of thousands of dollars (
or would that be euros?) is spent on a few key people. (KEY being a fairly
loose term here.) Anyway, before this gets too long winded, pass the word
along, ladies and gentlemen, that congrats are in order. Next time we get an
"atta boy" email for being away from our families over the holidays, there's
always the hope of shiny new wheels parked in our driveway when we arrive
home. Santa might come thro one of these times. Happy New Year!

10000hrs and a shuttle landing

honestly dude do a search

Corn fed, that's awful! Unfortunately, it's also far too typical of how the money is spent at the top while the backbone of the company goes without fair compensation. To include the words "cost cutting" in the same announcement just adds insult to injury! Don't anyone tell me that companies who spend money like that can't afford to pay pilots right!

Please don't turn this thread into a NetJets thread, there are plenty of them on here.

I have been getting more and more sick and fed up with Avantair the more I think about this email. This company needs to get its head out of its a**. Great way for the new owners to show they care about the employees by screwing over everyone with no bonus whatsoever not even a giftcard for $50. Instead we get to hear how people who have plenty of money get more crap that they don't need as reward for screwing over the employees of the company. It makes me sick. If NetJets had a base anywhere hear where I live I would go there.

It makes you feel sick because it was a disgusting thing to do. It reeks of lack of respect for the contribution the pilots made to the success of the company. It doesn't bode well for being treated fairly. Say they spent 300K on two cars. They could have given 300 employees $1000 each. A MUCH better/fairer way to spend money. What a slap in the face!

You're not the first pilot on here who has said that they'd go to NJ if they didn't have to move. Why not let them know that? It couldn't hurt, and if they hear it enough they might be motivated to change their short-sighted policy-- which wasn't based on empirical data, as far as we can tell.

Who da mufug?

netjetwife said:
It makes you feel sick because it was a disgusting thing to do. It reeks of lack of respect for the contribution the pilots made to the success of the company. It doesn't bode well for being treated fairly. Say they spent 300K on two cars. They could have given 300 employees $1000 each. A MUCH better/fairer way to spend money. What a slap in the face!

You're not the first pilot on here who has said that they'd go to NJ if they didn't have to move. Why not let them know that? It couldn't hurt, and if they hear it enough they might be motivated to change their short-sighted policy-- which wasn't based on empirical data, as far as we can tell.

Avatar still MIA. WHO TOOK DA pic?

Anyway netjetwaife, I am proud of you. TWO POSTS and no reference to strong union you are getting better. Is that OCD medication working for you now I am happy for you.

BE CAREFUL all you Avantiair employees. Ever heard of the Mafia? Suggest you google it if you dont know or just tune in HBO and watch the sopranos. Dont you be thinking about a union. That could cause a visit to the cement shoe store. Just be thankful you dont have to pay them for your training like Netjets used to do not all that long ago.

;-) ;-)

Not surprised to hear that people that dont need new cars got them. who was this email sent to?
Considering that they dont pay well to begin with and they took away profit sharing, it's par for the course!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back