• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

'Mergers' for Colgan Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously I am not sending in my card or all (26) that I have collected until I get a lanyard I am serious. Where is my lanyard?

a good example would be Republic Airways. It has three companies(Republic Airlines, Shuttle America, and Chattaqua) with one senority list. Eagle is another one. Two companies(American Eagle and Executive Airlines) one list.
the shuttle guys got screwed in that as well
that was a place like CJC.... get your time and get out. Guys that were looking to upgrade and get PIC got pushed to the bottom of a big list and now have hundreds above them to upgrade in the wannabe airliner

I haven't spoken to any Colgan pilots who want to merge the lists. In fact one of the big negatives for the union is the fact that Pinnacle Alpa would be much bigger and richer than Colgan Alpa. the feeling with many of the pilots at Colgan is that Alpa national would be much more in favor of P-Alpa's interests that C-Alpa.

Something else to realize about Colgan pilot group is that if you have been at Colgan for more than 4 years, you are an old timer. People just want to make sure this thing holds together long enough for them to get to a major. And they are losing captains at a very high rate right now.

Merge your own list jackoff. How about we merge it and all you guys go under Colgan then what would you say about merging?

Were you drunk when you posted this, or are you just an idiot?

I didn't say staple, I said merge. Do you feel that merging you list with an all-jet operator whos upgrade vacancies have been going to newhire lately would screw you over?

Turbo

Were you drunk when you posted this, or are you just an idiot?

I didn't say staple, I said merge. Do you feel that merging you list with an all-jet operator whos upgrade vacancies have been going to newhire lately would screw you over?

Turbo

merge? like it's going to be one for one.

All jet? Who gives a F*ck. I sure as F don't. If I wanted that, i'd quit today and be reserve captain forever at PCL.

Merge it all you want. We just opened PIT and need ppl bad. 42 credit hrs at best, and stand up overnights. Come on over, we are waiting for the merger.

merge? like it's going to be one for one.

All jet? Who gives a F*ck. I sure as F don't. If I wanted that, i'd quit today and be reserve captain forever at PCL.

Merge it all you want. We just opened PIT and need ppl bad. 42 credit hrs at best, and stand up overnights. Come on over, we are waiting for the merger.

I should have been more clear about the all-jet comment. It was in regards to pay (although the Q400 _should_ also pay well, as compared to B1900/SF34).

Be paranoid if you want, but the 9E pilot group/MEC would not throw you under a bus in a merger situation.

Turbo

First off, if Pinnacle decides to merge the 2 airlines, there is nothing that either group can do about it, except bitch.

I personally don't think that the Pinnacle guys would screw us on the merger, but, luckily, if we we're both ALPA, I wouldn't have to have an opinion at all, since ALPA has a "procedure" for merging 2 ALPA seniority lists. And the fact that Pinnacle is bigger and has been a member longer holds no weight, as the lists would still be merged according to procedure.

Plus, there would be fences put up for a specified period of time as agreed upon by the 2 MEC's, so, for a year or 2, neither group would be allowed to cross over to the others.

(BTW, I don't see too many guys taking a pay cut to fly the saab, or any of our guys going to MEM.)

Now if we remain non-union...we don't have a say in anything. we WOULD be at the mercy of Pinnacle ALPA.

....and if we had the Colgan Pilot Group representing us....we would still be subject to another powers wishes, since the "C.P.G" has NO authority

These are the same company. They have seperate operating certificates. BIG difference. Crew schedulers at Shuttle America are the same ones that handle the scheduling at CHQ and Republic. I think the dispatchers that are working for Shuttle America on Monday could be sitting at the CHQ desk on Tuesday. Basically, the same operation, seperate certificates.

Not true. Each cert has their own jacka$$es working crew sked. Ops specs are different for each rah carrier, I.e. fo limits, green on green, etc.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back