• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merger muddles Republic Airways branding

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even Bryan Bedford, Republic's chief executive, admits, "We're just as confused as everybody."

Does this scare anyone working there? I would hate it if my CEO admited he didn't know what he was doing....oh wait, it's God's plan, nevermind.

God willing.

Even Bryan Bedford, Republic's chief executive, admits, "We're just as confused as everybody."

Does this scare anyone working there? I would hate it if my CEO admited he didn't know what he was doing....oh wait, it's God's plan, nevermind.

I hope someone is making a compilation of his famous quotes. This one ranks up there with "No one goes to Milwaukee unless they have to" which, while arguably, may be true, depending on your point of view, makes one wonder at the competency of a CEO involved in a fight for market share in MKE. He's another in a long line of brilliant examples of why bean counters should not run airlines.

Let's Eliminate Negative Thinking is the new CHIP.

(inside joke for the Midex guys)

Does this scare anyone working there?

Most of them, yeah. An initial classmate of mine put it succinctly. To paraphrase: "Bedford reminds me too much of too many guys I've known who did too many lines of coke off of too many hookers' asses to take him seriously."

Bat-s**t insanity actually works quite well as a business plan when the majors are throwing money at you like drunken fratboys at a strip club. Doesn't seem to work quite as well as a standalone enterprise.

This "branding problem" has a very easy solution:

-Just default to "truth in advertising."

Make sure all the tickets just say:

"Craphole-whorebag-we-took-everyone's-jobs-and-just-don't-give-a-crap,but-don't-worry-AirTran-will-put-us-out-of-business-in-no-time-airlines."

*Flight may be operated by some wet-behind-the-ears ERAU clown who took an experienced, competent pilot's job. (But aren't you glad you got to fly for just $59 each way?)

-Pretty simple.

Sigh... isn't hyperbole great? No hiring since 2008, so no new ERAU kids. Hiring minimums that were higher than your "holier-than-thou" regional during the 2006-2007 boom. Furloughed major, ex-military, and retired corporate guys on the list as well. Oh, and a few low-time kids from the Comair/DCI/Whatever academy when your crappy regional wasn't taking them. Whatever makes you feel cool on Flightinfo, though...

Sigh... isn't hyperbole great? No hiring since 2008, so no new ERAU kids. Hiring minimums that were higher than your "holier-than-thou" regional during the 2006-2007 boom. Furloughed major, ex-military, and retired corporate guys on the list as well. Oh, and a few low-time kids from the Comair/DCI/Whatever academy when your crappy regional wasn't taking them. Whatever makes you feel cool on Flightinfo, though...

Kind of funny watching these guys make an ass out of themselves, ain't it? Now, back to the freak show.......where's my popcorn?

This "branding problem" has a very easy solution:

-Just default to "truth in advertising."

Make sure all the tickets just say:

"Craphole-whorebag-we-took-everyone's-jobs-and-just-don't-give-a-crap,but-don't-worry-AirTran-will-put-us-out-of-business-in-no-time-airlines."

*Flight may be operated by some wet-behind-the-ears ERAU clown who took an experienced, competent pilot's job. (But aren't you glad you got to fly for just $59 each way?)

-Pretty simple.

Good to see ASA is so squeaky-clean.Or did you forget about the buy-a-job days there ?

Latest resources

Back