• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Menke resigns from Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since this is the "Majors" Forum would anybody like to explain who Menke is and why anybody should care that he resigned?

Sean Menke, former CEO - Frontier Airlines, after the purchase his job mutated into VP Branded Flying - Republic.

Anyway...the final bastion of skilled mainline managers is now pretty much out the window. Don Osmundson is VP Flight Ops (despised at CMR and CAL), Wayne Heller is CFO (known pilot hater), Greg Aretakis VP Marketing (a resume full of failed airlines). We now dive headlong into the regional mentality. Awesome.

Dunno, but the rest of us should start praying now that he's gone.

Truer words never spoken.

Last edited:
How is a $3 billion/yr, multi-hub airline with a branded network from the Arctic Circle to Central America not a major, btw?

He is going to run MESA

wouldn't that be nice

Possible, Anderson was hired by Delta and sounds like he was send there for a reason. MERGER

Last edited:
I'm thinking its more like they don't care. Anyone knows the average term of a CEO with the same airline?

obviously the guys in the majors board did not know much about this subject..

Perhaps they should start learning - we're either the greatest threat to this career -or- a model to be followed for the vertical integration of brand, scope, and career path.

Sean Menke, former CEO - Frontier Airlines, after the purchase his job mutated into VP Branded Flying - Republic.

Anyway...the final bastion of skilled mainline managers is now pretty much out the window. Don Osmundson is VP Flight Ops (despised at CMR and CAL), Wayne Heller is CFO (known pilot hater), Greg Aretakis VP Marketing (a resume full of failed airlines). We now dive headlong into the regional mentality. Awesome.

Truer words never spoken.

Don Osmundson! There's a winner. I remember shortly after I was hired at Comair I was driving home after a long 4 day and I stopped at Subway on Mall Rd in Florence. While standing at the counter waiting for my sandwich, the kid behind the counter says, "You work at Comair, you probably know my Dad." I replied with "I most likely don't know your Dad because I have only been at the airline about 5 months." Kid smiles and says, "Yeah, well I am pretty sure you know him and I am also pretty sure you don't like him. His name is Don Osmondson." Me = Yes and Yes. How is the operation down in Florida working out for him? Have a nice day!

Latest resources

Back