Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WorldOnTime

Dumb A-- Ashy Larry
KD called today!! Woohoo! Will be there on 8/2-3. Anyone else? Am getting in touch with Albie as we speak. Good luck to everyone else.

Is that Kit Darby?......................I hope Not!

KD is the sweet lady everyone loves to hear from. She schedules interviews.

Grats!

Grats bro and good luck!! Hoping mine will come soon!!

Congratulations on the call! It is good news to hear that Kim is still calling folks. The boards have been mighty silent lately on processing times and class sizes and dates. Good luck on the next step in your journey.

Make sure you tell them the 737 type you paid for was in anticipation of FedEx replacing the 727 fleet with them and not for a possible SWA interview.......I'm just kidding man, good luck

Dinger said:
Make sure you tell them the 737 type you paid for was in anticipation of FedEx replacing the 727 fleet with them and not for a possible SWA interview.......I'm just kidding man, good luck

Well of course! What else would it be for?? :D

Thanks guys. FWIW, I met with the ACP in Anchorage at the end of May, plus three pilot recs-flown with all three. Good luck to everyone.

WorldOnTime

I completed my interview with FedEx recently. Recommend Sim prep by AJ, (Pan Am Training facility, Memphis) via Emerald Coast. Very good and professional instructor. Minimum block time is 2.0 hrs at a cost of $795. Well worth the money and definetly a confidence builder.
Needles to say, most of my class used AJ and we all passed.
The Sim Prep was laser guided. I did not conduct the interview prep. The FedEx interviewers are not interested in the canned anwsers you may glean from some of the prep courses out there. They want to get to know who you are. That being said, be yourself, professional and keep in mind the company is in the business of hiring future Captains.

Day 1: Sim in the morning followed by pp in the cup mid-day if you pass the sim ride.

Day 2: Situational Based Interview - Paper indian mockup of 727. Real world scenario. Review Alternate fuel requirements. Review CRM principles. I used the D.A.M.C.L.A.S. acronym for studying purposes and it came in handy.
Panel Interview very relaxing initially but many questions asked in rapid fire succession over 1.5 hr period. Cannot stress importance of staying relaxed, being yourself, and always, always tell the truth. Do not be quick to anwser each question. Take a deep breath then talk. I wish I did!!!
Battery of test. General science, math, logic, Graphs (read the instructions carefully), and Survey at the end (Physc Eval if you ask me). Then your done. We were told by KD and JR to wait at least two weeks before any response.
I am praying for the call and hoping not to see a FedEx truck in my neighborhood.

Congratulations and best wishes for you to do well.
That is all, over and out!

Glad the sim guys helped you out. They do a first rate job helping guys and gals get their crosscheck up to speed, and have helped a lot of folks in Memphis and getting ready for UPS as well.

On the interview prep, however--I am 100% confident anyone our team has helped at SWA, JetBlue, Frontier, UPS, Airtran, Continental, OR Fedex would most definately tell you we do not provide "CANNED" answers, but rather help people develop their own stories more effectively. The reason we've been so effective the last 3 years is because we DON'T teach answers, we teach how to communicate. Everyone is going to have different stories, strengths, and angles to their lives--good prep just helps you share your strengths.

I wish everyone the very best--and if you don't chose to use a prep service that is great--TONS of people have been hired for years without using a prep service. However, unless you have used us please don't lump our services in with any of the other's out there that you might percieve as providing stiff, canned answers unless you ask some of our graduates first...

I'm not fishing for business here, but if anyone who HAS used us could tell what we did (and just as importantly didn't) provide I would appreciate the correction.

Maybe I'm just a tad touchy...my house is flooded, the blowers are noisy, and I've spent the whole darn day sweeping and cleaning the muck out of our garage. Emerald Coast? Well....10 months a year its paradise. These hurricanes, however, are growing old...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back