MEI Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CougarAviator

Are lesson plans required for the MEI just as the other CFI ratings? or do you only need to prepare a lesson plans for those tasks specific to Multi-engine flying i.e. Systems, performance and limitations, engine inoperative, manauvering with one engine inoperative, and Vmc demonstartion.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Last edited:
viper548 said:
lesson plans are only for the initial

...But, they would make you look good in front of the examiner and possibly help with your teaching during the check. They're also good to help you review things / study. From my experience with my MEI students, the hardest thing for most of them is the teaching.

I appreciate the input, guys.

If anything, I figure I'll prepare some notes specifically for the twin i.e. systems, Vmca, single engine ops etc.

I guess it's always better to over prepare !!!!

Thanks again!!!

Clear Skies!!

Last edited:
My examiner wanted to see a VMC Demo lesson plan on my MEI ride, but i agree with Steveair, the're a good reference regardless.

viper548 said:
lesson plans are only for the initial
No kidding?

Dang, I got two 3" binders, and one 2" binder full of lesson plans for the CFI, CFII, and MEI!!

You mean I did all that work for nothing??

User997 said:
No kidding?

Dang, I got two 3" binders, and one 2" binder full of lesson plans for the CFI, CFII, and MEI!!

You mean I did all that work for nothing??

the examiners didn't want lesson plans on my CFII or MEI rides.

viper548 said:
the examiners didn't want lesson plans on my CFII or MEI rides.
I was required to. I had to teach three lessons for my CFII, one lesson for my MEI, and I had to teach a technical subject, and maneuver for my CFI ride.

I'm glad in the end I made these binders too, cause now when I go to teach a ground lesson, I can refer back to them and refresh my memory, and it also gives me a good outline to follow. I don't flight instruct, or even fly VFR, enough to keep a lot of the mountains of information fresh in my head - so the notebooks work well for that purpose!

Latest resources

Back