Meeting between FO and NJ.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lx??

And Wendy's, McDonald's and Burger King are forming a new venture too ... if the line is too long at lunch time at McD's, they will just get you a Whopper instead.

As George H.W. Bush used to say, "It's not, not, not, not gonna happen".

Fly safe.

As a NJ owner you would be pi$$ed off if they sent you a FO aircraft just as a FO owner would be if they sent them a NJ aircraft.

By starting a new charter company they can tell the owners they had to "charter" an aircraft for them. 99% of the owners would not know who were the share holders of the 135 charter aircraft that came to pick them up.

This way NJ and FO could continue to compete against each other without putting their owners on the other companys aircraft. plus they have a supply of non union charter pilots ready when they might need them.

jetwash said:
By starting a new charter company they can tell the owners they had to "charter" an aircraft for them. 99% of the owners would not know who were the share holders of the 135 charter aircraft that came to pick them up.
That wouldn't work if they are using LX tail numbers. A letter was sent to all FO owners stating that tail numbers will be changing to LX, and paint schemes will be changing when the aircraft is due for paint. At the very least, all the FO owners would know what's going on - and I'd be willing to bet many of the NJA owners are aware of this already.

I feel the 900 LX tail numbers is more of a gimmick than anything. We all know that Raytheon is dressing the pig for the butcher. To a prospective buyer, the fact that there are 900 reserved tail numbers may be a sign that the company is extremely confident in the ability of the company to grow by leaps and bounds. Of course, once they realize how slow the fractional industry really grows in terms of net aircraft per year, they will realize that is probably not the case.

rettofly said:
If "LX" means "less cost", does anyone know the deal on the two generic Ultras recently at CMH with "CW"? Maybe it means "can't win"? Both a/c are registered to NJ Sales, Inc. Unit numbers are 5600261 and 5600293.
Either you are dyslexic, or I am....I ran a serial number search for those two, and they came up as N numbers 135WC and 131WC respectively. Check your facts next time.

Peak Days

I have not seen the FO list of peak days, but I owuld guess most are the same as NJA. Therefore, the charter company would not help on peak days.

And yes, I would not be happy with using the charter too often, just as I am not happy when I get it now.

Last edited:
FracCapt said:
Either you are dyslexic, or I am....I ran a serial number search for those two, and they came up as N numbers 135WC and 131WC respectively. Check your facts next time.
I'm the one who's dyslexic. Good catch! No need to get hostile!

"WC"

With the used aircraft sales being down due to market flooding post 9-11, Netjets had to come up with a way to get rid of their used aircraft for market value rather quickly. During the mid 90's, Honda was expierencing the same problem with their cars. Everything was coming back from 3 year leases and it flooded the used car market. Honda had to come up with a way to get the edge on used car sales. So, they decided to do the whole "certified pre-owned" concept with an "x" number of inspection points being accomplished etc. Netjets learned from this and decided to follow in their footsteps. Netjets went to Cessna to get the refurbish and extended warranties. (since they know Netjets MX records are clean) Now, Netjets can offer a used plane with all the goodies that come with a new aircraft, thus getting the edge.

After these 2 particular planes were finished, Cessna asked Netjets what they wanted the tail numbers to be. A representitive from Netjets said " I dunno.... 123 Who Cares". That's where the "WC" comes from. Just an FYI.

gunfyter said:
Maybe Raytheon will buy US and merge us with Options. Thats why NJ needs to keep our pay in line with Options pay.

Now thats customer aquisition for Raytheon when all NJ customers renew into Raytheon airplanes!

And the recent addition of former Raytheon managers... We gotta know how todo things their way and transition...
I have seen the new pay scale for NJ and it is still lower than ours at Options for at least the first five years and then if I remember right it starts to even up. So I think that theory is wrong. Then again so could I except on the pay thing.

Can anyone explain this???

Earlier this year in EWR I pulled up next to a King Air 200 on the ramp at Signature. It was white with black and red stripes just like the NetJets paint scheme. The tail number even ended in QS. The pilots were definitely NetJets pilots. I didn't get a chance to talk to them so I didn't get the scoop. Anyone care to fill me in?

Latest resources

Back