Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Meeting between FO and NJ.

bartpearl said:
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

What company would let it's COMPETITORS handle it's customers under ANY situation?

That would be like other airlines, honoring the tickets of a competitor whose pilots were striking. I also don't believe it would ever happen.

The airlines use to have a revenue sharing plan if one company went on strike. One company goes on strike and the others would pay a percentage of the computed increase of passenger revenue to the striking airline. NWA was the biggest receiver of money this way. I do believe that NWA made a profit once while on strike and not flying the first trip. I really forgot what we gave up to my old company to get them to get out of this agreement. Not sure when the agreement was finally stopped, early seventies I think. Many airlines will honor a ticket from a striking airline, not a bankrupt one though.

If these fractional operators think that Charter is expensive >>> they really should take a look at what they charge customers!!

I have run the #'s for chartering aircraft and compared them to buying into a fractional ownership in the same plane. Chartering is considerably cheaper! In fact it is not even close!!!

NWA actually bled the strike fund dry. My father sat on furlough for 9 years while Nyrop took money from the fund and BRAC stayed on strike.

Needless to say, the fund no longer exists :)

I have run the #'s for chartering aircraft and compared them to buying into a fractional ownership in the same plane. Chartering is considerably cheaper! In fact it is not even close!!!
Maybe you should do some research before opening your bid mouth. As a lowly paid pilot, you don't have to worry about taxes. The people who ride in the back take a huge tax advantage by owning their own jet, that is one of the biggest reasons why fractional is cheaper than charter. It also would depend on how many hours your are going to fly in a year. There are even more considerations beyond that. If an airplane breaks, there is usually a jet within 30 minutes of any airport in the country. Owners also have the option of having more than one airplane in the sky at one time, try doing that with a charter.

rajflyboy,

If you don't know what you are talking about, just keep quiet. Pilots like you are the reason why this profession is going down the tubes!

Live4flying

Your clueless on the operation and cost of Corporate Jets!
Your the one that needs to go do your research!

I will give you the fact that a flight can be recovered more quickly with a fractional!! That is the Primary advantage to having an ownership with a fractional operator!

rajflyboy said:
If these fractional operators think that Charter is expensive >>> they really should take a look at what they charge customers!!

If Payne Stewart could, I bet he would think the fractionals are a bargain. Not that all charter companies are like Sun Jets, but you get something pretty standard with a fractional, whichever one you choose. One of the premiums you pay for at a fractional is safety. Obviously a lot of the rich and famous think it's worth it.

There are also benefits to fractional regarding deadhead time and repositioning time vs. charter. If you go to a place several hours away and stay for several days, you save the positoning/return costs, etc. Cartering makes more sense if you go out and back in the same day or a day later.

Also, I thoroghly agree with the Payne Stewart issue. I like to know the minimum of what I am getting, which you only get with a charter operator you know well (instead of the charter operator du jour like the "card" companies).

I agree with you NJA Owner!

Some charter companies have pilots with tons of experience in Type and some have pilots with little if any experience!! For charter you really have to do your Homework!

At least you know with most fractionals >> Both Pilots are typed and Both Pilots are micromanaged to the Nth degree by management and the pilots have to take two checkrides to be qualified in their respective seat!

One checkride in a Simulator and one with the Company! You won't see that much training even at an Airline!

"OK, lots of rumors floating around about this meeting, what it might signify and all the merger nonsense. I finally heard a someone who might have hit the nail on the head on what the get together was all about. The rumor is (and that's all it is until there's an official release I guess) that Options and Netjets are tired of getting ripped off by charter operators when they have to cover a flight for whatever reason. The idea is that the two companies will come to an agreement to cover each other's needs instead of calling up a charter and the meeting was to hash out the details. This will allow a pre-determined cost per hour that would be way below what your typical 135 operator would charge, will allow a higher standard level of quality and safety for those flights and will be much easier to cover."

Although I have been immersed in the field of professional piloting since high-school, one thing still amazes me to this day and will till thill the day I hang up my hat I'm sure: We gossip like there is no tomorrow!!! lol. But this one up above?

Do you really think that? NetJets wants to cut the feet out from under flight options. That’s one of the reasons they are bringing in the Hawker 400. What a slap in the face that is to Options!!! I think Santulli would actually roll on the floor in laughter if he heard this rumor stated above. It’s business not candy land and Options is NetJets stomping ground.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back