Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Medical - What does "It will be issued from OK." mean, and how long?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AME Soap Opera continues ...

After calling the folks in OK and now in ATL - who have all been VERY helpful - I have pieced together the following:

The AME, angry because I had the aforementioned copy of the unprocessed medical form, raised a stink about it when he sent my stuff into Atlanta. He wants something to happen to the other AME which allowed the form out of his office, I guess. As a result, the FAA now wants all information related to MY two misdemeanors from 1993 and 1998 (duely reported on all my medical apps since 1995) to ensure I'm not a terrorist, since he told them I had a super-secret federal form in my possession.

Oddly enough, so far the FAA in OK and ATL have been very accessible, and unbelievably helpful. That was a pleasent surprise in all of this BS. :)

Minh "Grounded" Thong

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo

Just got a call for an interview Friday.

This weekend the letter comes from FAA medical OK, the 1st class I took back in Nov of '03 needs some "plausible deniability", explaining, and/or just a couple pounds of flesh/misery.

Four items that I marked "previously reported", and have reported and marked so for 20+ years, they have NO RECORD OF. Sounds like BS to me. A dui in 1980, the nebulous have you ever been in a hospital (no - born in a barn), etc.

Back in '94 I followed the pundits recommendation and got my Federal Drivers Registry records (or whatever they call it) and my FAA license/medical info. The medical forms forwarded were only for 3 years, because they claim they don't keep the forms any longer than that, hmmm. My AME says that may be true, but, they may have computer records, hmmm.

Geez, all this BS cuz some illegal alien down in OK working for the gov't can't find my records...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back