Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Medical - What does "It will be issued from OK." mean, and how long?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Did my medical yesterday morning, and when the Doc put my stuff thru the computer yesterday afternoon the FAA says they can't find me in the database, even though I just ordered and received a new format license last week!?!?!

What the bleed'n FUQ over?!?

Has anyone had to have their medical "issued from Oklahoma", and if so, how long does that take? I know it can take three to six months for a denial, but this isn't a denial, just a foul-up according to my AME.

Any ideas?

Minh

Something smells fishy here... I always got my medical issued immediately after the exan by the AME. Is there a new format some AME's are using? I have never heard of any computer entry required by an AME n order to have a medical issued...

SK:cool:

Have you had a medical done at this doctor before? Something definately doesn't add up... I just did my medical last week.... The form that you fill out has your medical cetificate connected to it. The one that asked current flight time, time in last 6 months, meds that you are taking etc..... Not sure what else to say.... Usually a medical is pretty routine unless something is medically wrong.... Good luck. Let us know what happens..

Computer

I got a fresh medical at the end of May. My AME issued the certificate on the spot, but called me the next day to tell me about a computer problem. I was told that the FAA computer showed that I had already applied for a medical through another AME. I hadn't. The problem was resolved with a call to the feds from my doc. I never knew that the apps were sent in via computer before this.

I've had one issued from OKC. It is no big deal, happened when I was a new pilot and had a third class and went in to up to a second class, my Doc sent the request in and a new medical was issued and signed by the head AME at OKC. You can have a copy faxed to you, just do a search for their aeromedical division phone number.

Got mine issued from OK. Took 3 months. The reason was that I have a mild case of asthma and I had to do additional examinations. First I had to get a referral for pulminary examination, then I had to do some tests in a hospital, then a recommendation from the doctor, etc... and a whole package was sent to OK for review. Finally got it approved as a 1st class w/o restrictions but like I've said, it did take 3 months from the time my package was sent to OK until I got my medical in the mail.

Although my AME kept saying my asthma won't prevent me from flying, needless to say I was worried throughout the whole time and postponed my traininig until I got it in my hands.

However since your case is a screwup, I would be on the phone with OK every day.

On my last class 2, I reported something that I thought I reported before (woops). Anyway, I think mine took about 6 weeks or so. Probably just a computer fart or something. I think that I would go back to the AME and have him re-run it or call to verify.

I brought copies of my last two medicals and both my PPL tickets (one old format, one new which they just sent me last week) to the AME this morning. His nurse says that this AME always enters the data first via FAA Aeromedicine website, and then calls the applicant to pick up the cert after it's entered and no red flags are generated (I've always been handed the medical immediately after fnishing the exam before). However, when he tried to enter the data I wasn't listed, and the FAA says they can't find me in the database, even though I can find myself on their website and they just sent me a new license and I just did a change of address. His nurse says someone must have entered some numbers wrong somewhere. She says it happens from time to time, and she's had airline pilots flagged as not in the database which grounded them for a few days while it was figured out in OK. Shes says it's no biggie, and they'll probably resolve it within days, but I dunno ... :(

Whatta freaking crock!

Anyone have a phone number for the Areomedical Division in OK?

Minh

Snakum said:
Iwhen he tried to enter the data I wasn't listed, and the FAA says they can't find me in the database, even though I can find myself on their website and they just sent me a new license and I just did a change of address.

Whatta freaking crock!
It's the Federal Government. They also have a state-of-the-art Air Traffic Control system too.:rolleyes:

Snakum said:
I brought copies of my last two medicals and both my PPL tickets (one old format, one new which they just sent me last week) to the AME this morning. His nurse says that this AME always enters the data first via FAA Aeromedicine website, and then calls the applicant to pick up the cert after it's entered and no red flags are generated (I've always been handed the medical immediately after fnishing the exam before). However, when he tried to enter the data I wasn't listed, and the FAA says they can't find me in the database, even though I can find myself on their website and they just sent me a new license and I just did a change of address. His nurse says someone must have entered some numbers wrong somewhere. She says it happens from time to time, and she's had airline pilots flagged as not in the database which grounded them for a few days while it was figured out in OK. Shes says it's no biggie, and they'll probably resolve it within days, but I dunno ... :(

Whatta freaking crock!

Anyone have a phone number for the Areomedical Division in OK?

Minh
Hi Minh,

The database of pilots is seperate from the database of medicals, because not all pilots are required to have medicals (gliders, for instance). When you change your address with the FAA, it actually gets changed in two places, and the medical certification branch is seperate from the pilot certification branch.

Best,
Nu

Latest resources

Back