• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Meanwhile, Flight Options is kicking some butt - 2011 was a strong year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are spot-on, JJ. We (FO) are doing all right as a company because when all things are taken into account (Base pay, medical, retirement, overtime pay, upgrades, etc) our crews make about two grand per month less than our Netjets counterparts of similar seniority. Sucks, but it is what it is. And for what it's worth, our management LOVES our CBA. They roll naked in copies of it. They know that their costs won't increase for at least the next three years, and can plan accordingly.

Yup, probably the best CBA 50% pilot solidarity ever earned.

$108 million in REVENUE, so what was their profit? I think NJA does a billion or something in revenue and has been squeaking in $100+ million in profit.

It's easy to make money when you are selling used planes and paying your pilots regional wages. Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. And I would like to see the package that the owners get on the Phenom 300 compared to the "platinum 300", specially designed aircraft for NJA, that we will be getting. I'm sure that options will be under cutting us in price. And then point out how expensive we are.

GIV! Where is your idiocy now! Please fill us in. Im sure your logic will astound us all. You Capitalist pig!(self proclaimed, most say brown-noser)

LOL.

Flops pays quite a bit less than NJA for crews, so they have a competitive advantage. The union at FLOPS has not been able to drive up crewing and operational expenses to a noncompetitive level yet, which is good for FLOPS and bad for NJA and FLEX. The Capitalist Pig has spoken. Although, sometimes Ricci speaks with forked tongue, by the way.

Flops pays quite a bit less than NJA for crews, so they have a competitive advantage. The union at FLOPS has not been able to drive up crewing and operational expenses to a noncompetitive level yet, which is good for FLOPS and bad for NJA and FLEX. The Capitalist Pig has spoken. Although, sometimes Ricci speaks with forked tongue, by the way.

Nope, he still gets on his knees..Had such high hopes for ya man..carry on

$108 million in REVENUE, so what was their profit? I think NJA does a billion or something in revenue and has been squeaking in $100+ million in profit.

FINALLY

I've been dying to ask that question for days now but didn't want to 'burst the bubble'

I think NJ does $5 billion in revenue for a measily $200 M profit... or 4%. Its a razor thin margin... that could easily swing the opposite direction with only slight mismanagement.

I agree. I feel Berkshire is assessing right now whether NJA is a good fit in the portfolio. Makes me nervous.

Flight Options will never make a major profit.

If Kenn Ricci saw that he was going to have a very good year with Flight options he would send some aircraft for MX work or a referb to one of the other companies he owns to help eliminate the profit from Flight options books (Nextant). Then when the pilots ask for more money the numbers will not be there to justify it.

Flight options is making money but it is being slowly transferred to Kenns other companies.

Last edited:
I agree. I feel Berkshire is assessing right now whether NJA is a good fit in the portfolio. Makes me nervous.

Supposely Mr. B likes having NJA around, he did give us the green light for those 2 large aircraft orders.

I'm more worried about what's gonna happen to us after he goes (if you know what I mean)

Back to FLOPS, if they are indeed reporting a profit, congrats

Latest resources

Back