Me thinks the AirTran MEH merger is a done deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flydaplane

If I reflected on my career I would definately say I was not good at predicting the future...however, I think that AirTran has MEH wrapped up.

Why? Well I think Timmy hired Goldman Sachs to make himself look good by saying that they were trying to get a true value of the company. I'm sure Timmy knew at the time that Goldman Sachs was a significant shareholder in AirTran stock. They own over $22 Million dollars worth, something like 2,249,000 shares of Air Tran, according to Yahoo's finance page.
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that he hired them to make himself look good to the people of MKE and the shareholders, but also so he could tell them the price he'd sell for (everyone knows that he basically tells the board what to do). So he walks away with more cash and at the same time makes it look like he put up a good fight.

Funny how in the press releases he put out he didn't disclose that Goldman Sachs was a major shareholder in the company trying to acquire MEH.

Anyway, I hope the additional $ doesn't hurt the future of AirTran too much. Hopefully, they'll still have cash to operate well and pursue other merger opportunities as well (Alaska?).

Last edited:
Well said...isn't it.too bad that everthing seems to be only about the money ?

Well...I agree..I am speaking from an entirely idealist perspective.... Money has driven the airline busuness to places I would have never imagined...Less service to small communities..Poor service.. and employees of all work groups have gone backwards for years...Fact...Wolf got rich..Checci got rich..Ichan got rich..Greenwald..oh he's rich too..Crandal...rich....Ask a USAir guy about his retirement...ask a TWA fella what he thinks...ask a NWA wrench what he thinks...sorry...not all bout the dough and the 'investors'..without good employees..the 'investors' don't get their dough in the long run....

Latest resources

Back