MDW crashpads article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After reading this article, I'm not sure what disappoints me more:

1) Yet another example of government doing what governments do best: solving non-problems.

or

2) Yet another example of the left-wing, class-envy agenda of the mainstream media. Note how the article makes scant reference to the biggest losers of this ruling: the far greater number of FLIGHT ATTENDANTS that will be much more economically impacted. No, instead lets focus on those over-paid, greedy pilots trying to cheat the system.

or

3) The dime-dropping little snitches in the neighborhood who blew the whistle on this whole issue. People, we're not talking about a real high-rent district to begin with! I don't know about them, but I can think of far worse neighbors than pilots and flight attendants...crack houses & meth labs anyone? And if they think these crash pads are depressing their home values, what if their owners are now forced to put 'em all on the market now? Think THAT will help your home's value?

Idiots....I'm surrounded this morning in MDW, at my crashpad (where I'm the only here, BTW), by idiots!

P.S. What's up with that idiot landlord chick with the CRASH PAD sign on her front door? More idiots!!!!!:smash:

I vote for all the above - government and "journalists" with too much time on their hands.
Who knows, maybe they need to clear out all the crash pads because the illegals need a place to stay. Maybe the pilots were having a crazy party with hot babes (realize that's an oxymoron :)) and none of the ugly girls were invited.

This is just payback for all the crap Daley (deservedly) got over the 'midnight raid' on Meigs Field.

Typical politician, he didn't do his homework and just went after "pilots".

I second the Nazi comment. TC

Couldn't agree with you more. Illinois has got to be the panziest state in the country. I hate it here.

1) Yet another example of government doing what governments do best: solving non-problems.

or

2) Yet another example of the left-wing, class-envy agenda of the mainstream media. Note how the article makes scant reference to the biggest losers of this ruling: the far greater number of FLIGHT ATTENDANTS that will be much more economically impacted. No, instead lets focus on those over-paid, greedy pilots trying to cheat the system.

or

3) The dime-dropping little snitches in the neighborhood who blew the whistle on this whole issue. People, we're not talking about a real high-rent district to begin with! I don't know about them, but I can think of far worse neighbors than pilots and flight attendants...crack houses & meth labs anyone? And if they think these crash pads are depressing their home values, what if their owners are now forced to put 'em all on the market now? Think THAT will help your home's value?

Idiots....I'm surrounded this morning in MDW, at my crashpad (where I'm the only here, BTW), by idiots!

P.S. What's up with that idiot landlord chick with the CRASH PAD sign on her front door? More idiots!!!!!:smash:

Could it be the hotel folks are getting their greedy hands into the mix?
I'd say you have a real good idea of how Chicago politics works, business seeks advantage by going to city to get people to do things they otherwise wouldn't do. Just out of curiosity, what are crew rates at the hotels around MDW?

I'd say you have a real good idea of how Chicago politics works, business seeks advantage by going to city to get people to do things they otherwise wouldn't do. Just out of curiosity, what are crew rates at the hotels around MDW?

Last time I checked into the hotels off the South end of the airport, they were around $100/night after discounts. If they outlaw the crashpads in MDW, then the hotels and local economy won't be seeing any of my $'s because I will strike MDW off the upgrade list.

so does this mean crashpads in MDW will be shut down??? Oh boy...that will definately stink. While I was at MDW I only remember one night when there were more than 4 people in my pad...what a bunch of $&#$. The neighborhoods around MDW are not Beverly Hills or anything...I bet more illegal crap goes on around those crashpads that anyone will ever know. But of course...shows you where our govt priorities are. So magic question...where will the few thousand commuters based in MDW go?

or

or

OK, I won't be as politically correct...that neighborhood around MDW is a dump. There are many stories about F/A's and pilots who were robbed while walking to the pad. I remember one about an F/A who was not only robbed but beaten to the point of losing some teeth. The reason people put up with this was they can't afford the gouged hotel rates from the hotels near MDW. They do away with the pads and you will see a mass exodus from MDW.

OK, I won't be as politically correct...that neighborhood around MDW is a dump. There are many stories about F/A's and pilots who were robbed while walking to the pad. I remember one about an F/A who was not only robbed but beaten to the point of losing some teeth. The reason people put up with this was they can't afford the gouged hotel rates from the hotels near MDW. They do away with the pads and you will see a mass exodus from MDW.

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean why go after all the criminals in that neighborhood, when you can shakedown the people who are actually tax paying citizens who go to work.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back