MDW Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

For those commuting out of MDW, have you found any type of commuter parking? I was told crews can get the yellow badge access like in ORD, but now I'm hearing otherwise.

Thanks!

I had to get a yellow badge through AirTran. With this I get to park in the Ground Crew A or B lot. Unless your airline flies out of MDW and you can talk them out of a pass, you are out of luck. Parking's tough around there.

OK thanks. I'm checking into it... parking at MDW is tougher than parking at ORD, and the ORD lots are on the airport secure area.

But we have to leave the secure area to go back through security. Yeah...

Get the yellow id and you have access to the blue lot/red lot/economy garage. Park in the garage and no where else. The red lot has 20 stops and the bus comes every 10 minutes. The economy garage has one stop and the bus comes every five minutes.

If your airline serves mdw talk with your station manager and see if you can hook up an ID. I recommend candy, cash, liquor, or a combination of all of the above.

rent someones crashpad garage for your car.

Now there's an interesting idea.

On a related note whatever came of the crackdown a couple weeks ago by the city on the owners of all the MDW crashpads?

Crisis averted. The slumlords, er landlords, filled out a little paperwork. Might have also helped that Herb himself "reminded" Daley of what WN has done to MDW.

Gup

Crisis averted. The slumlords, er landlords, filled out a little paperwork. Might have also helped that Herb himself "reminded" Daley of what WN has done to MDW.

Gup

I figured as much. That is good to hear, because the crashpad setup around MDW is one of the best around.

Thanks for the tips all. I called Daley and told him I needed a yellow badge. If I don't get one, I plan on putting big X's through his driveway. I know where he lives. :D

Do it! But you have to do it in the middle of the night while his cars are still parked in the garage. :smash: You also have to start demo immediately so that nobody can argue effectively against the outcome.

What a tool.

Gup

Latest resources

Back