MDW Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyChicaga

Anyone know of somewhere secure and cheap (like free) place to park for a MDW commuter? How much is long-term economy costing these days on 72nd Street?

Going rates as per their website:

Economy Lots:
Blue/Red & Yellow
72 Street & Cicero Avenue Lots First 10 Minutes $0.00 1 Hour or Less $2.00 1 Hour or Less $2.00 Over 1 -2 Hours $5.00 Over 1 -2 Hours $5.00 Over 2 -24 Hours $8.00 Over 2 -24 Hours $12.00

However, a fun ride on the Orange line can be included if you relocate yourself to one of the fine stops along the way to MDW. j/k

Peace.

Who ya working for. I am paying 40 bucks a month for 55th st. parking. It was the same for 72nd. This is of course through my employer.

If you want to be really cheap, you could consider parking in some city neighborhood near an L station (perhaps, east of the Roosevelt station?). It requires a lot of research, though, since you've got to watch out for permit parking restrictions and street cleaning. You probably don't want to leave a nice car there unattended, either. I HAVE done this before with good luck, though (emphasis on LUCK).

This option may be very impractical. It would help if the ParknRides along the Orange Line allowed overnight parking.

I'd suck it up and pay the monthly fee for the city lots (ouch!).

The 72nd passenger lot runs 8 bucks a day. I have a friend that greased the palms of the van drivers of the Holiday Inn just south of the lot (Sheraton Four Points now) and got to park there for free (its been a while, I don't know). If you are discreet, you can park in one of the crash pad ghettos near the CTA terminal or by the Blue Lot and walk/ride-the-bus. I parked on Laramie by the Blue Lot for a couple of years while I worked for Vanguard, but they put up a bunch of no parking signs there when they started working on the big Blue Lot garage. If yer willing to walk a few blocks to grab a bus you should be able to do it. Might have to buy a new set of rims once a year or so, though. Also, if it snows more than two inches while you're on a trip, you WILL get towed.

... and NO, you can't park at my house and ride with me to the terminal.

Well, seems as though ATA will be pulling out of EWR on Oct 29th, nevermind.

hey fly,

do you guys fly to EWR from ORD? wouldn't it be easy to just go through ORD?

Yeah I have a parking pass and commute through ORD now, but the flights are usually full and of course the delays. Was trying to cut down a bit on the commute. Ah well. Could be worse. Nothing like commuting between two of the most delay-prone airports in the country.
:puke:

FlyChicaga said:
Yeah I have a parking pass and commute through ORD now, but the flights are usually full and of course the delays. Was trying to cut down a bit on the commute. Ah well. Could be worse. Nothing like commuting between two of the most delay-prone airports in the country.
:puke:

If it was up to Dangerkitty we would all be flying thru O'hare. Imagine the delays then. We should shut down Midway. It's very existance is unfair to the Northwest Suburban economy and O'hare community. After all, when they built O'hare, they intended it to be the only long haul airport in Chicago. Who foresaw the resurgence in travel at Midway? After all, A deal is a deal.

Dangerkitty can ride with Mayor Daley on the bulldozer as he tears up the runways.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back