MD90 Jobs based in TPE/TSA Taipei, Taiwan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi TP,

Thanks for the reply. Who did you work for when you flew in Taiwan? Where are you working now? Thanks for the info.

Jared

I flew the MD-80 for FAT for three years in the 90s. They hired twelve Americans for a rapid expansion , most left after the first year. Myself and a few others stayed on until the Asian Economic crisis caused us to be too expensive to employ. I still spend as much time as possible in Taiwan.

I'm now at Emirates.

Typhoonpilot

typhoonpilot said:
I know that EVA has gone to a strict seniority based system ( except for some contract guys on the 767 ). Since EVA/UNI are pretty much tied at the hip I was just wondering if it is the same there.

I just got hired by EVA and schedule to start class date in DEC. and this is the first positive post I ever saw for EVA. I hope you're right.

typhoonpilot said:
Thanks, are they hiring Captains as well or is it just the F.O. positions ?

The MD-90 is a sweet machine and flying domestically in Taiwan is a lot of fun. People on this board tend to know my guidance on working in Asia as an F.O., but EVA/UNI have a better CRM culture than CAL, FAT, TAA so it could be okay. Certainly would like to hear your impressions Jared, both about the flying and the guys you are flying with.

TP

Just watch out for the women from Taiwan, otherwise you may wake up with a ring on your finger, with no memory of what happened the night before, HA!

AAflyer said:
Hi Med,

How the pyhsical over there?

AA

Medical is unreal, it's a 2 day process so they can check everything.
Here's some of the test I can remember:
1 blood sugar
2 EKG
3 EEG
4 eye/hand coordination
5 ultrasound to check for stones
6 stress test
7 10 eye tests
8 bend over and split your butt cheeks test
There's a heck of a lot more and I'll write again as soon as I remember. I think they send pilots to Mars over there in Taiwan.

Midnight Mike said:
Just watch out for the women from Taiwan, otherwise you may wake up with a ring on your finger, with no memory of what happened the night before, HA!

Yeah,,,American G.I.,,,,, love you long time ha ha ha

Caucasions flying Asians...

I'm in to it!!!

MED said:
Medical is unreal, it's a 2 day process so they can check everything.
Here's some of the test I can remember:
1 blood sugar
2 EKG
3 EEG
4 eye/hand coordination
5 ultrasound to check for stones
6 stress test
7 10 eye tests
8 bend over and split your butt cheeks test
There's a heck of a lot more and I'll write again as soon as I remember. I think they send pilots to Mars over there in Taiwan.

Wow! That sounds just like the Japanese JCAB medical exam, two full days of testing....

Latest resources

Back