MD90 Jobs based in TPE/TSA Taipei, Taiwan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jared

MD90 Jobs, Based in TPE/TSA (Taipei, Taiwan)
UNI-Air, They have 13 MD90’s
50 Hr. Guarantee
Over 50 paid at time and a half
Per Deum(sp) paid at scheduled block hrs times 1.75
No layovers – you are back to TPE/TSA each night
Fly about 85 to 90 hrs a month
Avg. 4500 to 5000 USD a month take home pay
Avg. 6 to 8 days off a month

International destinations include—Hanoi Vietnam, Vientiane Laos, Phom Phen Cambodia, Seoul S Korea,
Bali Indonesia, Bangkok Thailand, Macao, China to name a few.

This "might" be a good opportunity if you are looking for jet time or if you have been out of flying for a while and would like to get back into flying. Send me an e-mail at itpa35 at yahoo.com if you have any additional questions. To apply, fax a resume to Morgan Lin at 886-2-2545-3205 and send him an e-mail at morganlin at uniair.com.tw Feel free to use my name in your correspondence with Morgan.

Jared Smith (Furloughed TWA)

I hope Jared's email can handle all the "incoming". Hmmm, I seem to remember hearing about some young guy who ran off to Taipei once upon a time...

...wonder whatever became of him ...

bafanguy said:
I hope Jared's email can handle all the "incoming". Hmmm, I seem to remember hearing about some young guy who ran off to Taipei once upon a time...

...wonder whatever became of him ...

Good question, I hear he wanders around the earth in search of a place to call home. :erm:

TP

Jared said:
Hello TP,

Yes that is F/O pay.

Thanks, are they hiring Captains as well or is it just the F.O. positions ?

The MD-90 is a sweet machine and flying domestically in Taiwan is a lot of fun. People on this board tend to know my guidance on working in Asia as an F.O., but EVA/UNI have a better CRM culture than CAL, FAT, TAA so it could be okay. Certainly would like to hear your impressions Jared, both about the flying and the guys you are flying with.

TP

Hey Jared, I went to their web page, but seems like there is only a chinese version. Any tricks to get the E-letters?

What are the minimums?

Hi MJPilot,
Their web page is only in Chinese at this time. They currently do not have any published minimums. I have be told by a couple of Mgt pilots they would like 3000 TT and 500 Turbine but like I said there is nothing written. I have also been told that previous airline experience is a plus and having English as your native tongue is a big plus. I seems that alot of their F/O's can not upgrade because they lack English skills. I just finish my 1st 6-month recurrent and have been told to start to prepare for the Cap upgrade interview. I hope this info is helpful.

TP,
I can appreciate your nickname. I have already logged a couple "typhoon landings" since starting here in Feb. I talked with Morgan this morning and he talked like they would only be hiring F/O's. To come into this type of environment (all Chinese, I am the only English speaking line pilot they have) as a new Cap would, in my opinion, be extremely challenging. Just my opinion.
I hope this helps.

Jared

It looks like I got cut off. The remainder....

in my opinion be extremely challenging. Just my opinion.

I hope this helps

Jared

Hi Jared:

Thanks for the good info. I wasn't asking the Captain bit for myself, was just curious. I know that EVA has gone to a strict seniority based system ( except for some contract guys on the 767 ). Since EVA/UNI are pretty much tied at the hip I was just wondering if it is the same there.

I agree, Taiwan domestic flying is certainly challenging and not for everybody. It is some of the funnest flying I have ever done.

Good guess on my screen name, I though it very appropriate after three years in Taiwan.

Hope you get that upgrade soon,

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back