• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MD11 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say from post #6 on down this got WAY out of hand.
I would concur with CT. I thought Cardinal was saying AA as well. I skimmed through the posts before I went back to the link. Thought the response was a bit strong. I lost a parent in a military aviation mishap...from one who has been there, best wishes for the families.

I guess it could happen any time, but....

This operator only got their hands on this jet a week ago.

"On 28 November 2009, an Avient Aviation McDonnell Douglas MD-11F, registration Z-BAV (c/n 48408), crashed on take-off from Shanghai Pudong International Airport on a flight to Bishkek-Manas International Airport, Kyrgyzstan with the loss of 3 lives. The plane was written-off. Avient took delivery of Z-BAV on 20th November 2009"

Well, I did a Google search myself and had no problem finding multiple articles on this tradgedy.

I have no problem representing a class of pilots who were employed prior to the acquisition only to be replaced by pilots who were furloughed. No need to lecture me about character, St. Nic.

I'll give you a review of the scheme you seem so proud to promote:

After shopping several law firms, a group of East Pilots found a law firm willing to guide, indeed promote, a scheme of advancing East Pilot seniority rights to the detriment of West Pilot seniority rights. This law firm, Seham, Seham, Meltz & Petersen, LLP, advised the East Pilots that, with majority status, they could create USAPA and use it to promote their seniority interests in disregard of the Nicolau Award. Mr. Seham told them, relying on his tortured reading of Rakestraw, that USAPA could advance East Pilot interests to the detriment of West Pilot interests so long as there was any rational relation to a legitimate union objective, regardless of USAPA's actual motives.

USAPA, while guided by its legal advisor, left quite an evidentiary trail of bad faith. Much of that trail was apparently created to garner political support among East Pilots who wanted a union that would advance their majority interests over those of the West Pilot minority. USAPA, with legal guidance, acted while motivated by that bad faith. It drafted a constitution intended to create a pretext defining a duty to disregard the Nicolau Award. It made campaign promises to disregard the Nicolau Award. Once elected, it embarked on a preordained course to disregard the Nicolau Award. It did all these things solely for illegitimate motives.

USAPA left the West Pilots no option but to institute this litigation. Plaintiffs filed this action after the Airline announced plans to reduce service in a manner that would burden West Pilots far more than they would have been burdened if the transition to Operational Pilot Integration had occurred as intended. USAPA selected the Seham law firm to handle its defense. In essence, therefore, the Seham law firm was put in a position of defending both itself for advising USAPA to take the actions that led to this lawsuit and USAPA for following that advice.

How is it that you always find a way to bust up a thread by turning things into an East vs West issue. You sir need to seek professional help!!

Lear,

I would say that his insincere spanish apology, the completely inappropriate original comment, and the above mockery and childish additional response would all be great reasons to get rid of this individual.

Permanently. ( As he has requested. )

I will thank you, I believe ALL of FI would thank you, and ultimately Sean will probably thank you too, as his postings here will no longer be forwarded by his "friends" to certain individuals that might have an effect on his career.

YKW

Lets see, oh, you mean my messages that say "I like working for CAL"? Yeah, I bet all of the people in charge of my career would hate that... gosh, how bad.

Or maybe the ones at the REOSpeed Srvcs, LLC would fire me!!!! ha... or ha...

0.0 hours, Nov. 2009.

Lets see, oh, you mean my messages that say "I like working for CAL"? Yeah, I bet all of the people in charge of my career would hate that... gosh, how bad.

Or maybe the ones at the REOSpeed Srvcs, LLC would fire me!!!! ha... or ha...

0.0 hours, Nov. 2009.

^^^^^^^^^

Tool of the year.

Oh...please, don't suspend me..!!! I can't live without coming on here for flamebait and useless knowledge!! Please....NO....

All I care is that my check gets direct deposited on Tues.... other than that....cancel my damn account!

MPUF!!!!! MPUF!!!!!

Do the right thing Lear70, this guy needs to be silenced for a couple weeks(or forever, imho)

He apologized, which is what I asked him to do, read whatever there may be into the manner in which he apologized.

He hasn't broken any other forum rules. We don't remove people for having bad taste in how they post. His "request" for being banned was facetious, he could easily have it reinstated by saying so later. So rather than take the time to do it then explain to the other mods and webmaster why, I'm simply going to let it go.

However, if this thread doesn't get back on track quickly, I'll move it into non-aviation chat and let it be useless over there.

He apologized, which is what I asked him to do, read whatever there may be into the manner in which he apologized.

He hasn't broken any other forum rules. We don't remove people for having bad taste in how they post. His "request" for being banned was facetious, he could easily have it reinstated by saying so later. So rather than take the time to do it then explain to the other mods and webmaster why, I'm simply going to let it go.

However, if this thread doesn't get back on track quickly, I'll move it into non-aviation chat and let it be useless over there.

Good on you for taking the high road. Simply put, peoples opinions say more about themselves than who they are talking about. The guy's a jerk or a flamer or both. My heart goes out to the people who have suffered a loss. There is no excuse for anything other than compassion in a situation like this.

Latest resources

Back