• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spur

Somehow I'm not surprised...

DNC launches new television ad with General McPeak

'Stronger' Focuses on John Kerry's Strong National Security Credentials

Washington, D.C. - The Democratic National Committee launched a new 30-second television ad today featuring General Merrill A. McPeak. The ad focuses on John Kerry's strong national security credentials and will begin airing tomorrow in 21 battleground states.

"Four years ago, I endorsed George Bush for President, but this year I'm voting for John Kerry," said McPeak. "Nothing is more important to me than protecting America. John Kerry has the strength and common sense we need in a commander in chief. And something more - a real strategy to make America safer."

I thought McPeak was done f*^&ing me.

Too bad...

He wasn't wearing his dress white "ice cream" suit!

He flew with us on a KC-10 delivery when he was the Vice CSAF. Shoulda seen the look on his face when the Douglas CEO cut his tie off! A lack of briefing on the part of the AFPRO.... Ooopsie!!;)

McPeak,

I recall he landed a KC-10 in the overrun at Scott AFB. The IP in the right seat took the blame (of course) as "T-Bird Tony" tried to land his "fighter" on brick ONE! Mission accomplished.....

What a tool!

Clearly a job waiting if Kerry gets elected. Say SecDef perhaps.

Can you imagine the changes that would occur around the DOD with McPeak at the helm. Similar to what he did to the AF. Look out below.

USAF Recovered

Isn't McPeak the guy who said you have to have Masters to be considered for O-4 back in 1994 or sometime around then. Threw alot of very quaified guys out of the service. Then his successor had to see if he could get some of the guys back becasue they were short in some critical areas. Did not he have some odd ball uniform stuff also? Thank god he is a civilian.

McPeak will go down in history as the guy who literally gutted the Air Force like a cat while turning it inside out. His second most significant achievement was the Delta Airlines style dress uniform. I'm certain a lot of Air Force vets from his era will back his endorsement of Kerry (LOL).

McPeak is a world-class goober.

I was NCOIC of the Colors Element in the USAF Presidential Honor Guard before, during and after McPeak's tenure as CSAF.

I watched him routinely eat briefers for lunch. You know, one of those General Officers that hijacks the brief with a bunch of inane questions within the first few minutes. Lacked the common respect to allow the young Officer or NCO the courtesy to finish. I remember one briefing in particular, for his first Air Force Arrival Ceremony. I think it was for the CSAF of the French Air Force. "Tony" interupts the O-2 almost immediately, and although all the salient points were covered, he wasn't listening. Twenty minutes later during the actual ceremony, I halted my Colors Team in front of the Dias to the strains of Trio National Emblem from the AF Ceremonial Brass. Pretty spring day, large formation of troops resplendent in their uniforms, 54 hands tightly clutching M-1 rifles with fixed chromed bayonnets. Dozens of people in the stands. At this point, both the AFCOS and the visiting COS are supposed to leave the dias, stride smartly to their toe tags immediately in front of my Color Team, and face the audience at attention while the citation is read for the Legion of Merit. General Jean-Luc-whatever listened correctly to the briefing, as he hit his toe tag and smartly faced the audince in the stands. Not Tony. I'll always remember the long, akward pause as General McPeak's shoes remained toe-to-toe with mine, until our commander came down out of the stands and politely instructed our leader to turn around. Total embarrasment. My only regret is that the flag obscured everything but my view of his shoes, denying me the opportunity to see what expression graced his face after a lowly Major got the ceremony back on track.

Amother time, I was an usher during a Pentagon Arrival Ceremony for some visiting Secdef. My job was to essentially stand there and ensure the various service chiefs found their proper spot on the sidewalk. The Army COS and the Marine Corp Commandant engaged each other in a conversation about which uniform McPeak would arrive in. They even went so far as to joke about a wager. (They never did make one.) What blew me away is that they even went so far as to ask me. "Hey Sarge! which uniform is your Chief of Staff gonna be wearing today? The Royal Canadian Air Force uniform?" Of course the only safe answer for a SSgt was: "Sir I have no idea."

When you compare someone Like Mcpeak to a REAL leader, (Somebody like Chuck Hoerner.) you have to wonder how he ever advanced as far as he did. Let's face it, if you don't have people skills, you'd better at least have some gravitas and leadership ability. I never saw anything like that in McPeak.

One more reason to pray Kerry loses. As Secdef, McPeaks first order would probably be to ground all Navy Fighters and all Army and Marine Corp fixed wing. (I'm just joking, but that's not to far off how this squirrel thinks.)

Anybody else remember when somebody drew a "mustachio" on his portrait at the Pentagon?

"One more reason to pray Kerry loses. As Secdef, McPeaks first order would probably be to ground all Navy Fighters and all Army and Marine Corp fixed wing. (I'm just joking, but that's not to far off how this squirrel thinks.)"

I thought the same exact thing but didn't write it. If he becomes SecDef the Marines can say good by to their airplanes. Heck, he's the type of guy that will try to get rid of the Marines totally. He'll make them the infantry branch of the Navy.

Was it his idea for that shiney rank on flight suits with the vinyl covering?

Jeez that was ugly.

D1ck

I never realized the guy was such a d1ck. We've had our share of head cases in the navy too. The CNO suicide was perhaps the worst.

Latest resources

Back