Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Anaconda

FLY ARMY!
anyone else have the displeasure of getting the TSA experience in Orlando today? what a mess. they clearly did not have their $%^& together...and all the screeners had this billy bad-a$$ attitude that only made it worse. not looking forward to work tomorrow!

fyi...this was the first day for the TSA at MCO...and it was a disorganized mess...

Last edited:
Thats what happens when you start paying those looney tunes $18 an hour. I wish I made that much. It's all BS :rolleyes:

I tell those idiots to put my stuff back EXACTLY the way it was when they started rumaging through it. I also request that they use rubber latex gloves. If those fu.ckers mess up my folded clothes then they sure as h.ell better put them back folded. I always warn them before they start harassing me. You have to stand your ground with those morons.

Another crappy checkpoint is in TLH. The "Wandlady" is rude and abusive to crewmembers, but worst of all rude and abusive to passengers.

I'm suprised the TSA condones this type of unprofessional behavior from its employees.

JetProp said:
Another crappy checkpoint is in TLH. The "Wandlady" is rude and abusive to crewmembers, but worst of all rude and abusive to passengers.

I'm suprised the TSA condones this type of unprofessional behavior from its employees.

A guy (student) from our school was one of the TSA Storm Troopers at MCO today.

He was telling us last week that the training they received was a joke at best, was a display of some retired FAA guy touting how they would be, “The first, last and only line of defense against a hijacking.” He said further that while they didn’t come straight out and tell you to be rude or forceful, they created an environment in training through role-playing that gave this impression big time. To take nothing from the public or they may perceive this as a weakness and will exploit it to smuggle onboard weapons and such that could be used to hijack the plane.

He said some of the members of the group he was hired with will most certainly be involved in a fight, verbal or otherwise within 6 months if not sooner.

And get this…

He was taped to take a supervisors role right out of his new hire class, even though he has had no experience whatsoever in any field of a management level or has ever been employed in a security role.

We were joking with him that they were just desperate and he was the best in the class, sad to say but we were probably right. Not making hay of him just pointing out that the level of TSA employee will be the bottom rung on the GS employee intelligence scale.

He even told them when they hired him that he was planning on moving up to possibly the FAA or NTSB (which is his ultimate goal).

Funny feeling it will only become worse from here.

Just wait until the economy gets better and everyone decides that being an "airport screener" isn't a good idea. Then we'll see a whole new line of "professionals".

I hate to burst a perfectly good rant-chain, but we came through MCO security this morning at 5:50 am and had not one problem with the TSA folks.

Granted, it was early, but the ones I saw weren't surly or abusive. I even spoke briefly with one of the supervisors, who pointed out the things they were attempting to change (replacing benches with single person seats for post-beeping foot inspections, etc.) He even took my recommendation for a crew-only line with tact.

Oh well...lost another chance to get ticked off.:D

i guess something must have changed between 05:50 and 06:30 then...however, i also encountered a very helpful supervisor.:)

I had the pain full expirence to feel the TSA wraith at BWI (TSAs model airport). It was just pointlessly absurb. These people don't even know the 5-10 regs that they are required to enforce and follow.

flight-crew said:
I tell those idiots to put my stuff back EXACTLY the way it was when they started rumaging through it. I also request that they use rubber latex gloves. If those fu.ckers mess up my folded clothes then they sure as h.ell better put them back folded. I always warn them before they start harassing me. You have to stand your ground with those morons.

Careful... they may pull out their new and ultimate weapon on you.

"He's acting 'strangly'. He must be drunk. Call the police (wink, wink)".

Latest resources

Back