• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MCO - the next battle + JBLU/FRNT merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After our acquisition of LiveTV, we've found and most importantly our leaders have found that it is very difficult to shove a culture down one that already exists. The buyout has been a painful one. Can you believe it took nearly a year to put a sign on the hangar in MCO because LiveTV did not want Jetblue on it? It now says LiveTV on it... I really don't think we'll be seeing a merger of any sorts, any time soon!!! Additionally, we could've sent the 190s to a regional carrier that would've operated it even cheaper than the current rates, yes, let me say it again, even cheaper than the current rates-- but because our brand is important to our company, we decided to keep it under the same roof>>> Look at what Republic pays their 170 crews and you'll actually like the $37 per hour an F/O makes at Jetblue...

I agree with you Blue Bayou, about no merger for B6.

I heard the sign issue was generated by MCO Airport Authority demanding payment for advertising. JetBlue already has their name on the Training Center. They faced exhorbitant fees from MCO if they put "JetBlue" on the hangar, too.

If you own 'em, you own 'em! They can do what they want with the building. "LiveTV" sign was put up to circumvent additional fees.

:pBlueBayu, I would not be too proud of those rates! Not exactly earth shattering!!!

Hey Atlanta Vicks...

How many sports heros have been sued for spreading Herpes? I'm a Falcons fan, but c'mon...you REALLY think he's all that cool?

CosmoKramer said:
you're way off....Spirit and Fronteir will merge....get it right jacky.....

You can pick your freinds, and you can pick your nose----but you can't pick your freind's nose.
i before e. except after c.

If Spirit and Frontier merge, I'll be offering to trade my FLL CA slot for a DIA CA slot. Any takers? I'll even throw in a well used FL registered crashpad auto for nothing. :D

enigma

Tomct said:
:pBlueBayu, I would not be too proud of those rates! Not exactly earth shattering!!!

I'm not proud of our rates... I merely stated that if we wanted to "job out" to a Mesa or in this case a Republic/Shuttle America their Capts get 66/hour and F/Os 22/hour the first year... We could have but didn't. Furthermore, you should've seen the A320 rates in the first year of operation here, it was 78 for capt and 43 for f/o... there wasn't much moaning then about our pay rates because we were just a spec of dust on the wall... Now that we own two specs of dust on the wall, it somehow matters how???

AlbieF15 said:
Hey Atlanta Vicks...

How many sports heros have been sued for spreading Herpes? I'm a Falcons fan, but c'mon...you REALLY think he's all that cool?

Vick is the shiz! As far as the herpes thing goes, so what? We all have our skeletons and transgressions. All that matters is that he wins games which he has been doing. The defense let us down this past year.

Latest resources

Back